Im missing you | Teen Ink

Im missing you

By Ashlyekins19 BRONZE, Macomb, Illinois
Ashlyekins19 BRONZE, Macomb, Illinois

"Never ket the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game"

verse 1
We're baking in your kitchen and I know that I was wishing that you would stay here with me, never leaving, keep on believing. But then you looked at me and say no matter what I'll be here. A tear falls from my eye and you say baby don't cry. My time for me will come, one day I will have to fly and then a year goes by but im right here by your side, then you turn to me, looking at me like it's the first time and I don't understand why it has to be this way, sitting here thinking but I don't know just what to say, but I know

chorus
Im missing you so but im letting go, ill be holding on to you whereever you go, but please dont leave me alone because I need you here with me, I know you're in a better place but I wish I could still see your face, oh whoa oh I just want you to know im missing you

verse 2
Where I was your little princess and dancing around in my little pink dress, But then you took my hand keep on spinning, twirling, whirling on my tip toes I put my head up high talk talk to you in heaven above I keep my heart wide open saving our last moment hoping I shed a tear believing and you take one breath now leaving I held your hand quietly as you go just let me know that you love me so in the wind and in the rain I know you'll be there through all the pain now is the time to say goodbye but I know

chorus
That Im missing you so but im letting go i'll be holding on to you whereever you go but please dont leave me alone because I need you here with me I know you're in a better place but I wish I could still see your face oh whoa oh im missing you

refrain
But im letting go ill be holding on to you whereevr you g please dont leave me alone because I need yuou here with me I know you're in a better place but I wish I could see your face yeah oh oh Imiss you, oh I love you,so I will not walk away I need you here to stay whoa never leave me be my angel yeah e yeah ill never ket go no you're not alone I have to say to you still Im missing you

When I wrote this song I was strongly inspired by my grandma who recently passed away in 2008. She was always there for me and when she passed I was heart broken. My memories with her made me want to write a song about my emotions and how I was close to her.