The Rock | Teen Ink

The Rock

By jbutterfly10 GOLD, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
jbutterfly10 GOLD, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

There is a time for everything under the sun:~

When the nights are long/ When the morning’s cold/ When the sun doesn’t shine/ When it’s just fools gold I ran after/ And sometimes I fall when I run/ I lose the faith/ I stumble on the track/ I don’t run the good race// No, I can’t understand it/ And I know I never will/ Oh, I fail more times then I’ll admit/ And even through that, You’re still…. The Rock/ The piece that holds me together/ Yeah, the thing that makes me whole/ And when I start to unravel/ You heal my very soul/ Yeah You’re The Rock// Why would the God of the Universe/ The Maker, the Creator of the world/ Why would He bother with us/ With a useless little girl/ And He listens, He hears my every word/ He counts my breaths at night/ And He’s always with me/ When I’m alone, He holds me tight// No, I can’t understand it/ And I know I never will/ Oh, I fail more times then I’ll admit/ And even through that, You’re still…. The Rock/ The piece that holds me together/ Yeah, the thing that makes me whole/ And when I start to unravel/ You heal my very soul/ Yeah You’re The Rock// When I’m the wilderness/ Praying on my knees/ Yeah, You’re the God Who Hears/ Yeah, You’re the God Who Sees…. Me// No, I don’t understand it/ I never will/ This Eternal Light, the Fire/ My very soul It fills/ And when every door I try/ Seems to be so locked/ When the earth shakes beneath me/ You will be…. My Rock

A person in the Old Testament once called God "The God Who Sees Me." I love that.