Tears of an Angel | Teen Ink

Tears of an Angel

By NobodyLovesAPsychopath SILVER, Vernon, Connecticut
NobodyLovesAPsychopath SILVER, Vernon, Connecticut

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~Katherine Hepburn

The blank stare on the face of an angel/ the things she wrote and drew/made people leave/but she didn't want that/she just wanted help/to open her eyes, her heart/she knew and saw too much/ she said and did too much/asked herself "why" every second of every day/but she couldn't find the answers, she just gave up/nobody wants a girl that keeps to herself/that blares music in those headphones every place she goes/claims that there's nothing more she can tell/about her problems, her own Hell/nothing more to say, no more games to play/at one point the bottle in her hand called/she faught it and faught it/until finally, she befalled it/and fell farther than anyone before her/but she came back and was changed/always had to ask these questions/What the f*** were her parents doin?/thinking her life would be a shoe-in/it just ain't that easy, never ever.../they couldn't just imagine her as depressed, desperate, and all-up f***ed-up/their angel tried to take off in all the wrong ways/the bloodshot eyes should've warned 'em/she flapped her wings, stumbled, and crashed/each time, she just kept doin' it and doin' it/ at least some of us know when to shut up and quit/ now she's stuck at home, and everything's worse than normal/she don't eat, sleep, or talk/everyone's expecting her to explode like a storm'll/then one day, something happens.../The blank stare on the face of an angel/ the things she wrote and drew/made people leave/but she didn't want that/she just wanted help/to open her eyes, her heart/she knew and saw too much/ she said and did too much/asked herself "why" every second of every day/but she couldn't find the answers, she just gave up/one day, her thoughts went <span>crazy</span>/and she walked downstairs to grab something/ but after she took the thing off safety, it stops.../our angel finally has her wings/ she doesn't have to be scared anymore