Just To Breathe | Teen Ink

Just To Breathe

May 20, 2010
By JustToBreathe SILVER, Kalispell, Montana
JustToBreathe SILVER, Kalispell, Montana
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I love you more than I did before...and no one can take your place..."


I'm taking blind steps on an old dirt road but i don't know where it leads or how far i'll go before i'm at another crossroad.

i'm trying to follow this heart,
but all I see are stitched up piece of me and scars.
i'm biting bullets trying to get up again, to get my feet on the ground.
i'm tried to learn to breathe but it never turns out right.

the grey skys my only comfort tonight, and I can't wipe these tears away. I lean my head back and hope you're there. I'm closing my eyes so I can't see if you're not there. still that doesn't take away from the pain I feel inside.

i'm trying to follow this heart,
but all I see are stitched up piece of me and scars.
i'm biting bullets trying to get up again, to get my feet on the ground.
i'm tried to learn to breathe but it never turns out right.

I'm holding my head above the angered sea. I'm reaching out trying to find something in this world I know... another hit shatters my soul.

I'm shaking cause i've fallen in to deep, the sand scratches my back and the sun is blocked by your shadow. I'm looking at you wondering just why you'd save me...
then I realize you never let me go...
"I'm not gone, I was never gone"
and that smile lights up my sky....
lets make this right...

I close my eyes and lean back onto you just to breathe...


The author's comments:
sometime you just need to breathe.