you deserve to be eaten by a whale | Teen Ink

you deserve to be eaten by a whale

May 17, 2010
By tinkerbubbles PLATINUM, West Chester, Ohio
tinkerbubbles PLATINUM, West Chester, Ohio
20 articles 10 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isnt about finding yourself, its about creating yourself:)

Why talk when you can sing? Why walk when you can dance?


One night I fell asleep earlier than I had hoped. I had hoped we’d talk till one in the morning about what we care about and why we’re friends. About why we should be more, but it didn’t happen. I dozed off at about quarter to midnight, and I dreamt that I missed my chance. But in my dream you were just an ordinary boy, not the one I talked to the night before. I knew I hadn’t missed anything.

Some days, I wish the extraordinary boy I knew was the one in the dream. Some days I wish I had missed my chance. I wonder why it was so easy to fall for you’re endearing salutations, why your voice has to be so warm and believable. Some days I wonder why you’re not an actor, because you could make quite a living telling lies.

It’s not that I don’t like you, I just really hate loving you. It sounds like something they’ve all said, sorry I’m not more creative. I’m afraid that I fell for the most common trick in this day and age. Now I see my Prince Charming took off and left his mask here on the floor.

One night I fell asleep later than I had hoped. I had hoped to get a good night’s sleep, to doze off before quarter to midnight, but I was up till one in the morning. Needless to say, I was staring at the stars and wondering why we don’t see them all day long. When I finally fell asleep, I dreamt of dancing to our song under the light of a starry sky in the middle of the day.

It’s not that I don’t like you, I just really hate loving you. It sounds like something they’ve all said, sorry I’m not more creative. I’m afraid that I fell for the most common trick in this day and age. Now I see my Prince Charming took off and left his mask here on the floor.