Forgetting what to say | Teen Ink

Forgetting what to say

This wasn't supposed to happen, atleast not to me. I can't explain this feeling, it's like I'm falling free into a vast pit of unknown, into a vast pit of inevitable. And the strage thing is I'm falling head first, yet I know it's not the worst.

These butterflies in my stomach, forgetting what to say. The song in my head, just waiting to play. I'm scared of the consequences of this new feeling, But he's my new reason to smile, my new reason for singing.

I know I shouldn't like him, he's never going to like me back. Guys like him don't like girls like me, I can't help that I've got a past. I'm know he's not gonna last. Then he smiles and I want to scream. My palms are sweating, this feels like a dream.

He looks at me from across the room, I quickly turn so he doesn't notice me staring. He starts walking to me, I try not to notice. He comes directly to me, everyone's staring at us. I feel like screaming.

The butterflies in my stomach, the forgetting what to say. He kisses me and the song finally starts to play.