For You | Teen Ink

For You

By broadwaygirl0661 GOLD, Solon, Ohio
broadwaygirl0661 GOLD, Solon, Ohio

"Well behaved women NEVER make history."

For you a dying rose wreathed in ash that I crafted from my dying heart. You see the veins of blood, my devotion spilled in red. For you I leave my burning flesh. Hush now, my darling, there's still more to come.... I know your face my mind cried for you. The centuries have screamed for you. The life I have lived is ripping us away. I don't see you anymore. They're coming.... But they won't haunt us. I know your face.... For you, a glassy dream of the island's song. Halo's light helping you read the inky pages of my story, the secrets of my soul. May it keep the nightmares at bay so peace can save your fading mind. I know your face my mind has cried for you the centuries have screamed for you the life I have lived is ripping us away I don't see you anymore. They're coming.... But they won't haunt us. I know your face. For you, a winding river that will save you from my fate. The drowning bodies will not touch you angels' wings will carry you home. Don't look back. I don't want you to see.... (Chorus) for you, my last wish, may it let you remember me as Rome rots me away. Strength will leave me but your light shall carry on. So my last wish shall be that you live and remember me.... For I love you. The winds of time shall burden us no longer. Go now my love. For you I give my life. I know your face....

broadwaygirl0661 GOLD, Solon, Ohio

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much your comment means to me!

Milo! said...
I really love this. I really like how everyone can relate to this. I hope you keep writing, because this is great. You should check out some of my stuff. I think you would like it.