Betrayed

The mind is a spring
You just have to
Find the catch

The mind is like spring
Rainy and
Sweet

The mind is a spring
It may not be wide
Nor deep

But you never know what
Surprises it will
Spring

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 9:13 am
TeenInk messed up, this is not what I submitted under the title "Betrayed". I'll try and re-submit the actual piece.

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

I think it's good under the title 'betrayed'. It shows how life sends surprises at you, and your certainty might betray you when life takes it's own path.

just a side note, i noticed on your profile that you live in Israel and I would like to say that that is VERY COOL. I met a boy at camp once and fell so in love for the 2 weeks that the camp was going on. Then he moved to Isreal and I haven't seen him since. That was three years ago and I'm still thinking about him. he had/has no ide... (more »)

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

That's a funny coincidence...I moved to Israel three years ago too :D

I wrote this under the title "Spring"...it's not really a serious poem, I was just playing around with all the different meanings of the word. The "real" Betrayed piece is actually about a betrayal that happened in my life.