Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

yellownailvarnish BRONZE, Bourne, Other

"Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
-John Lennon

I have an old acoustic and a fender squire strat so I like electric and acoustic which do you prefer? I would like to get an electro-acoustic but down to the fact that I have to fund it mayself I have a feeling it might be a while before I get one ! I've acctually had to resort to making my own picks cos there is nowhere to buy them in my (small) town! I'm in england where are you? (I'm guessing USA most on this site are).

that's awesome!! yeah, I'd love to have my own band :) my sis plays piano and cello... i play guitar and piano.... do you like acoustic or electric???

and no you didn't comment but i'm glad you like that one too! my fav is "You're Gonna' Miss This" lol

yellownailvarnish BRONZE, Bourne, Other

-John Lennon

Ok will do! This band things been floating in the air for ages but now we've got it together it's pretty awesome! We're all girls and we have guitar, piano, cello, drums and vocals. It's weird but it works. I play guitar. Yeah sure I'll let you know when my work is online...

Btw your song common butterfly is also pretty good. Can't remember if I commented on it!

i love Polaroids haha :) i'm old school

I used to have a band but I moved so I'm solo now. I write the song lyrics and the music; My sister can make music on her comp as well as my instruments so it sounds good lol

I'm trying to start a new band though :)

Man, that's awesome :) my friends and i jam at lunch too....it's awesome

and yeah, it takes forever on here to "pend approval"...lemme know when it goes through though!!

well, welcome to Teen Ink! lol I've never been published at all in Teen Ink yet soooo we're on the same boat haha :)

And yeah, lemme know when you post stuff! I will definitely check em' out!!! :)

I'm glad you like my song, and thanks!!!

How was your Christmas/New Years?

lol poetry booklet? So you just get a bunch of stuff you like and put it together? fun fun :) Thanks; I'm glad you like it. And yeah, if you just put my name, it's all good :) I'm glad you like it enough to put it in your booklet-thing lol

My name is Amanda Trask. But I go by Amy :)

do you have stuff on here?

Melissa94 BRONZE, Manilla, Iowa
I love this song! We have this poetry booklet due for English would you mind if I put your song in there? The credit will all go to you. I just need your name.

haha thanks :) yeah, I think that may be my favorite too :)

kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
she understands,she wears the pants

(favorite line ever!) lol

Danielle_Nicole_Martin BRONZE, Booneville, Arkansas

Life is not what you see of it, it's what you make of it.

I truly love this song, and I believe that you did an amazing job with writing this. What a talent you have... I write songs also, and would LOVE if you would check out my songs when I post them, since I just joined teenink and all... :)

on Jan. 7 2010 at 10:05 am
yellownailvarnish BRONZE, Bourne, Other

-John Lennon

Well I should do soon when they have stopped pending aproval! It takes ages!

Yeah I know what you mean with the song writing buisness. Do you have a band or just play solo? Me and my friends jam togather at lunch sometimes.

Thank you so much; I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, when I write lyrics, I do it one of two ways: I either write a poem and turn it into a song, or I randomly think of a tune and then put words to it depending on the mood of the song.

If that makes sense. Haha

Do you have work on Teen Ink?

Hey, thank you so much! Yeah, I think most guys underestimate us in sports because of the "OMG!" moments some girls have. However, I'm a tomboy so I take on whatever challenge comes my way....including football :) lol

do you have work on here?

thanks again! I think you're the second guy total to comment on this haha...I'm glad...I needed some guys' opinions!

What'd you do over the holidays?

yellownailvarnish BRONZE, Bourne, Other

-John Lennon

This song is soooo true I'm glad I found it! The lyrics are great! I'm so bad a writing lyrics because I always try to get a tune first. There's nothing worse than a tuneless song!

on Jan. 6 2010 at 8:45 am
Heart2Heart PLATINUM, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
This is a nice song. Pretty put together from what I see. It's been in my experience as a dude to really never underestimate women...unless they're in sports. Haha. Just kidding! :) Good lyrics. Congrats.

oh? oh that sucks. Every year my family throws a party, or we go to one...and everyone gets smashed and this year i had to be the safe driver lol 16-year old driving grown adults....it's quite the site.

but i love it cause' everyone dances and we all sing and laugh and stuff our faces with food haha...THAT is when we get the FOOD BABIES!!! bahahaha

***you should check out my piece called "You're Gonna Miss This"

bookfreak96 said...
no, not really. we never do much for new years.

ohhh ok :)

hey, you should check out my piece called "You're Gonna Miss This"---> That one is my favorite :)

Thanks again for voting for this :)

Did you do anything for New Years?

montana PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado

cliche quotes I have are.....
I know, right? and..... Are you kidding me?

Yeah polaroids...