Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

daltyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:43 pm
I. AM. LOVING. THIS. Good job Ms. Amanda! Very well done! :D

Tamieg1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21 at 10:22 am
That is really good. I would love to hear the tune. :)

CeceE14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 6:40 pm
This is so amazing! I totally agree with you, and I like your Disney references. I really wish I could hear you (or anybody, really) sing it though! I can think up my own sound, but it doesn't seem quite right.

GeorgiaLazThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 8:08 pm
What a great poem! I love your reference to Disney princesses, because they're often thought of as weak, always depending on their prince, but your poem shows us their strength. And the strength that all women posess.

Valerie S. said...
Jan. 26 at 2:52 pm
This is so cool! True this does happened in everyday life, With people like me or all of you. Keep up the awesome work.

Valerie S. said...
Jan. 26 at 2:48 pm
Did you know you can now tag other users using "@"?

Hulagirl808 said...
Jan. 20 at 3:46 am
Cool Song. Keep up the good work!

catty98eThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14 at 3:36 pm
Nice!!! love the female empowerment theme but it just flows! You'll do great some day:)

nathan starkey said...
Jan. 6 at 10:17 am
hi i might be a boy buy i think this was epic i hope you have more songs as would love to hear more

Ava B. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 3 at 3:11 pm
I love this! It's very empowering!

Harmelia said...
This is incredible!!! I absolutely loved it. How you used comparison with the Disney Princesses was amazing. I sang the first part like a song and the second like a rap. I loved it.

mads1827 said...
Beautiful, I was thinking about the time I seriously beat some boys in chess

TravelerenRouteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:25 am
I love this song!!

IslanderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like your Disney refrences. The lyrics flow nicely.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very unnusual, but in a good way. I like it!

itserraticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
AWESOMENESS! I read it like a rap. LOL. 

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 26, 2014 at 9:27 am
Retweet 

dgeileenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yay girl power! The message reminds me of songs like Who Run the World (Girls).

AllyRaven said...
Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:52 am
Wow! I love this song! You should do more work like this. I'm going through a tough time and this song made me feel stronger. Thank you!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:30 am
I think people are created equal. Everyone is equal. I don't think there has to be a argument about who's equal or who's stronger, I mean everyone's different. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And if girls are that different from other girls (because you're you, and being you is diferent from everyone else. whether you like it or no, I'm sorry.) then yea, I'm sure girls are different from boys. Not a bad difference, a good difference. And I'm glad you'... (more »)