4 burdens for freedom | Teen Ink

4 burdens for freedom

By dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
dustin.southpaw PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do" - Steve Jobs

Happiness, happiness comes from dreams, from the prophets to the cynics it’s a murder machine. To take water and food from the hand made of gold, give that hand enough attention then your future it holds. The real price of entitlement is death, and holding on to what you own is holding your last breath, but if you really wanna make a bet, go all in with what really matters and we’ll see what you get.

Faith, faith isn’t what it’s made out to be, a rainforest full of pain for us towering the trees, bearing fruit for the future that we came to breed, flowing forward from the scars of our memories. Evanescence of our love in a trail of fear, and every corner there’s a snake to whisper in your ear.

Honesty, is honestly a form of modesty, a medicine for guilt and lies and tragedy, it had to be. You see a lot of us have casualties. If we want sense to be made then how can we, lie to change the way that we are seen it’s alchemy, a solution that brings no relief to minds or hearts through eyes we see.

Love, another word for sacrifice, a relation from here to after-life go past think twice, before you chastise a b*****d’s life to pass the vice. A core to what we are for freedom, a path to what others believe in, an achievement and a reason to be then decent, without love no war is even.