Top Voted Limericks

Here are the top voted limericks:

voted
#1
The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away, I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say. As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin, I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.... (more »)
803 comments
voted
#2
Wordless Protest This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Who is Moore to measure poets but a half? What sorrowful flaw mixes poetry with math? If it doesn’t mix in with the classical norm, Nor embraces the free verse storm, Does it mean it has no place? Because it lacks a voice, Does it... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#3
Masquerade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I moved through over a decade Of ceaseless, senseless masquerade So successful was my charade No friend ever saw through my façade I have contrived a mask That is derived from fear A curtain of obscurities Hiding all my insecurities... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#4
Idiosyncratic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Thoughts are mistaken for many plots. When you think, others think not. Ideas are tarnished as you soliloquize. Eccentric as you know it, you realize; Cynical but sweet gestures relax your mind and interpreting language that does not rhyme.... (more »)
38 comments
voted
#5
Mt. Washington This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Good authors are like beautiful trees, pummeled by wind and brought to their knees, blistering cold shutting them down; gold, tattered leaves a humble crown. But some writers live life covered up, unhindered, unchanged, as they start to... (more »)
11 comments
voted
#6
God Poem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
God is? Father mother teacher punisher big brother preacher? I will? Love serve worship adore revere Respect exalt attend obey learn fear We say God gives cause for everything We think God has purpose for the crying Kids die because God... (more »)
27 comments
voted
#7
He Was Only Three This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My brother was already three Yet he still could not say “potty” I would call and squeal his dear name But received not a glance from he My brother was already three When aware doctors came to see He was a boy with autism Thus his... (more »)
28 comments
voted
#8
Danny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Danny dances in the rain. He finds no reason to complain. Danny found a friend that falls That cleanses him, soul and all. Danny found a spectator, That doesn’t judge his behavior Or his dancing or his prancing In the rain that falls,... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#9
Thanksgiving This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Close your eyes and picture this A Thanksgiving dinner filled with bliss, Relatives hugging and laughing with cheer Sounds like cards slapping, and kids playing near Aromatic scents of cake and apple pie Ham, dressing, and collards, all... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#10
The Ballet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
While dancing upon my toes is when my happiness shows. I twirl and I bound to the classical sound as I imagine my audience in rows. (more »)
8 comments
voted
#11
That Vile Child This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There was a child went forth from many, And the first woman she saw, that beauty she envied, And that coveted perfection became part of her, simply because it was trendy. The magazines became part of this child, And tanning, and dancing, and... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#12
Woes of a Wardrobe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Have you ever tried to be a wardrobe? Well, try standing up 24/7 It's anything but heaven Super uncomfortable, right? Well, there's more – Being a wardrobe is such a bore I can't see the world Can't move, I can't even talk Even... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#13
Ode to the Metric System This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Unit 1 There was a young boy named Graham Rodham – Well, there was before Kilogram shot him, He killed one gram, then four, Then one thousand more, Killed a kilo before someone caught him! Unit 2 On the corner lived old Isaac Newton,... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#14
Nu Werds This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My kid-brovver eaves-dwopped a ton. The werds that he herd sounged fun. He squibbled dem all on Mom's bedwoom wall an now I've got zoap on my tung. (more »)
3 comments
voted
#15
I Awake to Autumn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I awake to the aroma of fresh apple pie, which makes me rise from my nightly lie. I walk out into the autumn air, the wind blowing into my curly hair. The outside world smells of pumpkin spice, and the faint coolness of winter ice. The colored... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#16
The View This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You've got me smiling nonstop, Laughing like a child You are beautiful, wonderful, Free-spirited and wild I'd climb a mountain As long as you are there And when we're up I'll stop and stare Not at the trees Or at the view But at... (more »)
7 comments