The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

dappled.sunlight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 22 at 6:35 pm
Wow! I love the rhythm and imagery! :)

OrliveeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8 at 7:35 am
This poem totally captures it...awesome!!

Appul said...
Jul. 22 at 1:29 am
I loved your poem. You have the gift of writing. God bless !!

Love_Hopes said...
May 10 at 2:04 am
Your poem was simply breath taking. Your choice words spoke louder and with much more clarity than anything I've read in a while. I will definitely be sharing this with my creative writing class, with due credit of course.

2-Is-Better-Than-1 said...
May 1 at 7:40 pm
I really do love this poem a lot!

whynot? said...
Apr. 28 at 2:40 am
lovely poem dont know the feeling but i can picture it :)

Puzzle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Needed this. Now.. That is all.

CreativeMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love your poem it descripes my feelings  

KaylaaLovee said...
love this..my.feelings.exactly.

TaeonaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love your poem.

SoImAWriterNow said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 am
Best poem I've read about love. Speaks so many volumes.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is probably the best thing i've read on here. five outta five stars. check out some of my work??

Secret-VoiceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is just AMAZING. I wish that i was this good at writing.

Bluetooth said...
hey im pretty new, please check out my work  

SouthernRose718 said...
This is a fantastically written poem i like the figurative language and the imagery it very much reminds me of my new favorite tv show.

Dreamer21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow this is a really great poem. I really liked all of the imagery that you used in it :D

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this poem is so beautiful!  Nice work on it!

Maggie99 said...
This was very well-written and easy to follow. A lot of poems don't grab my attention quick enough for me to finish reading, but I really enjoyed yours.

DreamingOfNirvana said...
WOW. To think that I was proud of my little poems. This is incredible! Great job!

TasalynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really beautifully writen! Can't wait to read more!