Little Heart

There's a littler heart inside her
That can barely hold a beat
It's been broken far too often
And the stitches, far from neat
And there's a little heart inside her
With too much love for its size
And her layers of armor peel off
Each and every time she cries.
There's a little heart inside her
And it seems it's slowing down
Because the littler heart is cracking
In her own tears it will drown
There's a little heart inside her
And it's splitting into two
Right down the seams where it's been broken
More times to count than I care to
There's a little heart inside her
And it's fragile and it's frail
And I don't know how long it's lasting
How long until the little heart fails
There's a little heart inside her
And it's really trying its best
It's pumping, pumping, pumping
Moving blood around her chest
Oh but her little heart is delicate
There's only so much it can do
And it seems she's loosing her battle
But her heart keeps pushing through.
There's a little heart inside her
Being broken, being slashed
But she finds a way to hide the pain
Behind a little mask
Oh but her little heart is dying
It is falling, falling hard
And there's nothing she can do
But listen to faint beats of her heart.
There's a little heart inside her
And inside that, there is light
That light is why the heart keep beating
What keeps her through the night
And her little heart is hopeful
And her little heart is strong
And her little heart keeps breaking
Little heart
Barely holding on.

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:07 pm:
Hey Sarah, that was really wonderful, I really liked the way that it flowed, and I agree, length does not matter when it comes to writing, it's the feeling that it creates that counts and for me after reading that poem, feel that I can connect to it really well, and I felt that there's a strong emotional connection. Overall it was really nice to read :) 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:36 pm :
aw thanks! It's good to know that my writing gets through to people. i originally wrote most of it just for myself and was worried that people may not connect.

iDani-iBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 14 at 7:22 am:
- Good Poem, But Its A Little Long '& I Got Tired Of Reading . :( But The Parts That I Did Read Was Great, I Could Really Relate ! Can Please Return The Favor . I Need Feedback Too !

May 14 at 3:09 pm :
I appreciate the critism; however, i disagree. The length (short or long) of a poem should not be a deciding factor on your opinion of the poem. And, no offense, since you didn't actually read the whole poem, your opinion is pretty irrelevent. Thanks for the feedback :)

iDani-iBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 14 at 7:06 pm :
- Feedback Is Asking For My Own Opinion About The Overall Poem, Including Length. So When I Said It Was Great Poem Other Than The Length, It Was My Own Opinion. It Should Have Been Pretty Relevant Actually But Anyways You Are Welcome .

May 15 at 2:43 pm :
maybe it would have been more relevent if you had read the whole piece. But i'll definately be checking out some of your work

May 15 at 8:38 pm :
- Go Right Ahead .. Dont Forget To Comment ! :)

PyrosGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 7 at 11:13 am:
This poem made me cry. Oh my word. I love this 

May 7 at 6:15 pm :
Thank you so much! That's probably the nicest thing anyone has said about any of my writing