This is My Life

By Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

Sometimes,
I like to curl up in a ball
Because that’s how I feel
Tiny, and small,
Irrelovent,
Unthought-of.
Nobody cares
They want to control my life
Like it has suddenly become theirs.
But I am my own person
And this is my God-damn life to live.
I’m not letting them take
What is mine to give.
So they an do what they want
And make me feel like curling up in a ball
But they can’t control what I do –
This is my life, after all.

on Mar. 3 2013 at 1:22 pm
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

i loved your first two lines and 'not letting them take what's mine to give' good work,. 4/5

on Jan. 30 2013 at 11:04 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Where's the like button?? :P

on Jan. 29 2013 at 7:50 pm
I'm so glad you feel that way, and that you're able to relate :)

on Jan. 29 2013 at 6:07 am

- Maya Angelou

And they'd feel great after reading it :D

on Jan. 29 2013 at 6:06 am

- Maya Angelou

Yes, exactly! That poem is something one should read whenever they're feeling down...

on Jan. 28 2013 at 11:48 am
Thank you :) and yes, I know, what would we do without it?

on Jan. 28 2013 at 11:47 am
Thank you very much and thanks for taking the time to let me know how you feel :)

on Jan. 28 2013 at 7:45 am

- Maya Angelou

This is really good. The being independent and having self-control is great...

on Aug. 14 2012 at 1:00 pm
DirectingGabs GOLD, Texas, Texas

\"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.\"

This is great... Truly is, great job!(:

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!