This is My Life

Sometimes,
I like to curl up in a ball
Because that’s how I feel
Tiny, and small,
Irrelovent,
Unthought-of.
Nobody cares
They want to control my life
Like it has suddenly become theirs.
But I am my own person
And this is my God-damn life to live.
I’m not letting them take
What is mine to give.
So they an do what they want
And make me feel like curling up in a ball
But they can’t control what I do –
This is my life, after all.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i loved your first two lines and 'not letting them take what's mine to give' good work,. 4/5

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:45 am
This is really good. The being independent and having self-control is great...

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:48 am
Thank you :) and yes, I know, what would we do without it?

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:06 am
Yes, exactly! That poem is something one should read whenever they're feeling down...

Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:07 am
And they'd feel great after reading it :D

I'm so glad you feel that way, and that you're able to relate :)

Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:04 am
Where's the like button?? :P

DirectingGabs said...
This is great... Truly is, great job!(:

Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:47 am
Thank you very much and thanks for taking the time to let me know how you feel :)