My Mommy is MIA

I do not remember your smile,
I don't recall your voice.
I can not reach you,
even if i travel many a mile.
You have been gone for so long.
I thought for the longest time,
that one day you would back,
but time have proved that I am wrong.
You were my all,
my life, my breath, my soul.
Then you were gone.
No warning, not a single goodbye call.
I was so small,
just five years old.
the tears I have cried,
could drown you all.
Year after long year,
I have been waiting, for this pain to ease.
The only thing that even starts to help, is an ice cold beer.
I know it's not right,
I know I'm underage.
But nothing else will make it possible,
for me to sleep through the night.
I do remember your sweet touch,
and your bittersweet love.
I do remember the woman,
that I treasure so much.

TopHatCactusThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 29 at 8:45 pm
I want to say I'm sorry, but I have nothing to appoligize for. I will say in my deepest regards that I wish you well. Lossing things in general is hard for anyone, but to loss something as caring and loving and important as a family member is even worse. It makes your character as a person stronger to survive something like this. Sorry if this came to you as rude, but I mean the best. Sometimes the greatest come out of us at the worst of times. I wish you luck in your future writing expirences!

SteelersJdog said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:50 am
Wow, what a beautiful poem. I love the heart and soul that you poured out into this. I can definitely tell that this came from the heart.

Artgirl1999 replied...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:37 am
Awww. So sad. Really good, though!

DynamoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 4:24 am
The emotions suffuse through you as you read this poem. Beautiful and full of emotions. I am so sorry for your mother. Our relation with that personage is often tenuous, yet deep inside all of us know that she is the most prized gift we can ever hope to possess. As the poet said, tears of sorrow can never be wiped away. And here is a piece of advice for you, don't take any anti-depressant(like the one you mentioned). They cause inebriety and can very well cause serious disorders. This poem r... (more »)

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 25, 2012 at 8:46 am
its not a problem. I love reminding people that she is not something you want to lose  

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is lovely, and I'm sorry for your loss. Ps. Pleaz check out my work, thx

TheWeirdPoet said...
Truly saddening. I've read poems as if they were depressing, but I just see this as sadness, horrible sadness. The sense of losing one so close, and being so young where the emotional connection means most, it truly saddening. I feel the dreadful emotion that is expressed in this poem. That is all a good thing, you've done a very well job writing this.

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:00 am
hey! beautiful poem! it is so sad and you made it a point to inculcate that feeling in the reader. the poem is very fluid,which i like a lot. i can't imagine how hard it must be for you. i'm extremly sorry for your loss. anyway, great work and keep writing XD!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your emotion is very strong. I love how your poetry is absolutely real. I'm sorry about your mom. I can't imagine the pain. All I can say is that she's watching over you and I don't even know you, but I'm sure you are making her proud. I can tell by the way you write.                         When I write all of my poems are real, but I make up a story to show the point I'm trying to make. I'm kind of masking my emotion. Your writing is ... (more »)

Kinzi said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:54 am

Ahhh.. this hurt. And that's a good thing, it's supposed to hurt. I'm so sorry about your mom. 

I think your poem was the strongest once it got to "I was so small" and continued to the end. At least, that's the part that resonated for me. Really, good job. =]

Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:03 am
thank you for the feedback!! :)

AgentOrange789 said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:56 am
You have my deepest condolences. Losing people is hard, and it changes who a person is forever. BTW...I know this is sort of off topic, but...listen to the song "May It Be" by Enya. You'll love it, it speaks directly to this type of thing. 

SuNshiNe007 said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:45 am
Im so sorry I didn't know your mom passed..This is a sad poem, a great poem too. Your wording is amazing! That would be something hard to get over..Everythings going to be ok though..

SuNshiNe007 said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:30 am
I listened to it, and i loved it. Thank you. Sunshine...thanks darling. I'm working on getting over it.

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:52 am
Your welcome loveissmiles..I didn't mean to make you sad if I did..

Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:30 am
No Sunshine, you didn't make me sad, you actually made me smile, becuase i know that you are my friend and you are here for me in my time of pain. Love you sunshine!!

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 7:26 am
Awe:) You made me smile too! Love you too loveissmiles!!