Nice: A Definition This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Today was a nice day,” a dear friend said to me
I replied, “What is the meaning of ‘nice'? Thousands of things it could be!”
He stared at me, a look of confusion sweeping across his face
“My comrade,” I said, “When we have such descriptive words, ‘nice' is such a waste!
How was your day ‘nice'? Was the weather sunny?
Did you ace your difficult math test? Was a joke you heard very funny?
Did it have you rolling on your stomach, and laughing while you cried?
Did it make your straight, white teeth sparkle bright as you smiled a grin so wide?
The breakfast you ate was delicious, was it? And school today wasn't a bore?”
“I get your point,” he said. I replied, “But ah! There is so much more!
Did you fall in love today? And was she the one you were dreaming of?
Was she what you expected or was it an unexpected love?
Did her eyes send chills down your spine? Does her smile make your heart skip a beat?
Having her close sends a warm feeling through you, doesn't it? Straight from your nose to feet?”
“Any more examples?” My friend's pupils rolled as he spoke sarcastically.
“Well, you'd have to be an idiot to think I'd come up with only two or three!
Did you compose a melody, one that brings tears to people's eyes?
Did you discover something new and are you now known among the wise?
Did you write a poem – one that everyone in the world will someday know?
Or did you travel to Paris, or Rome? Did you see all the places you've wanted to go?”
My friend replied, “I think I've learned my lesson now. I now know all the meanings of ‘nice'
And unless I wish to hear all this again, before I use it next time, I'll think twice!”

MistyVentureThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Haha I like this! I am looking through Limericks right now on TeenInk to see if I can get some inspiration for a school project in creative writing and came across this one. I loved it! No wonder it was published. This is "nice". :)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 am:
THis one is so amazing....Ooh thank God I didn't say "NIce"....:D LOved LOved LOved it. Made me laugh and impressed me at the same time. No wonder it got published. Awesome.

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:24 pm :
Hahaha thank you so much! wow and thanks for looking at so much of my stuff! This piece was funny to me, because I didn't really intend to put it on Teenink. I wrote it in English class last year when my teacher was telling us to use descriptive words instead of just "nice," and I was just gonna show him., but i ended up putting it on for the hell of it and hey what do you know!   Goes to show that different people see quality differently, and you should put everything y... (more »)

Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:25 pm :
Thank you so much! Haha I'm glad you like it so much and thank you so much for viewing all my stuff!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:59 am :
You're welcome! And well it is  avery very interesting poem plus.. I didn't see ALL of it to be honest..I mean you've put up such a lot of stuff, I will see it all but it's  not a one-day job :P   I checked out the first 3 pages of the long long list... 

Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:58 pm :
HAHAHA I know, I put a lot of stuff on....hey you've done so much already thank you! and it means a lot to me that you are continuing to look at my stuff. :)   I really appreciate it

Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 pm :
Oh, I just liked your stuff a lot... :D plus you seem like a really nice person :P and I hit that "Email me when Comeandgonesmarty contributes work" the first time so now it's easier to keep track of the new stuff and I can keep going to the old stuff whenever I'm free... ANd : The pleasure is mine. :)

Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:15 am :
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!! and u seem rlly nice too :)

Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm :
:D Hey, um can I ask you? what does your username mean??

Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:57 pm :
oh haha i came up with it when I was in grade 6 it just kinda stuck. It's kinda like a "been there, done that," thing; lol it made sense at the time :P

Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:08 am :
Oh...haha...hey,  You were a teenager in grade 6???

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:47 am:
This was really funny!  It has a really good flow of words.  Good job on it!  :)

Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:07 pm :
Thank you so much :) that's what I was aiming for!