Writer's Blocks

Writer’s blocks,
Huge stone slabs of doubt,
Tricking you like a fox,
Giving hesitation the time to sprout.

Don’t flinch,
From that slab,
It want’s to see you wince,
See you sucked dry and drab.

No,
Take the mallet,
Of perseverance,
And swing,
Chip away at the obstacle,
And feel inspiration spark and zing.
Squash doubt’s growing weed,

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 11:16 am:
Descibes ur title perfectly! Amazing!

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:59 am:
writers block is like staring at a blank slab. It takes a lot of strength to swing something at it and break through. Obviously you did and you swang well. That blank slab had no chance ;)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 pm:
Ah, writers' block—every writer's worst yet inevitable emeny. I find myself relating to his poem.

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:32 pm :
It is indeed xD

Wildflower30 said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 12:19 am:
Haha. Amazing. I loved the way you described writers' block as a Block. :D

Neytiri said...
WOAH!! You certainly didn't have writer's block writing this one! It's brilliant! Well done hun!! OMG it's AWESOME!!

Dec. 20, 2011 at 1:48 pm :
Thank you :)

Phoenixx said...
I saw your post in the writers worksop and decided to read. My favorite was your last stanza :D

Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm :
Thanks :)        

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Five stars , all I have to say :)

nikkigonefishin said...
Awesome! Finally my feelings about writer's block have been written. Thank you for curing my writers block about writers block!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 12:23 am:
I really love the imagery in this. You described writer's block perfectly! I don't know if you meant 'wants' to have an apostrophe in the second stanza though... But other than that, great job! :)

divingforreality replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:44 am :
I agree too. Your imagery is amazing and brings back the beginning of writing and what it's like every day for me as of late.

ReadWriteBreathe said...
This is really good. It's very inspiring and helpful. I like the line 'take the mallet of perserverance' The only critique i have is to put a colon in the first line after writers block.

Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:32 pm :
Thanks!       

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think everyone on here can relate to writers block i know i can. I love what you did with the idea! Very different and incredible. Great work!

Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:20 pm :
Thank you!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like the language you've used. I get the feeling that its one of though poems you have to read a couple of times to get the full effect. But its relatable! Good job :)

Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:20 pm :
Thank you!