Limerick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There once was a boy named Pete

Who went on a diet of meat.

He missed his Life-Savers

And all their good flavors.

If only the meat had been sweet!

LonglegsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 21 at 10:12 am
Unique and clever. Great work!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So cute! It captures the simple, easy comedy that limericks often carry, yet flows very simply and cleverly. Very nice job!!

Mr.Poetman said...
I have to abmit i do like the flow of the poem. But I can't believe something as simple as that could take the place of another poem, that actually took talent and time to write

gingy said...
Very funny and adorable!

Fred said...
May 2, 2012 at 10:26 am
This poem was very good I liked the rythme of it as well.

mhafner said...
I love this poem because it's plain, simple, and funny. It reminds me of a poem that my brother wrote. I smile every time I read that poem, and this makes me happy as well.

Pancakes Unleashed said...
Great limerick! I feel it really captured the amount of effort people go through to get on a diet, but then find themselves wishing they were back where they were in the beginning. They wanted to be skinnier or healthier but they didn't put the effort in and it shows how they cannot go without.

AlisRed said...
EPIC!!! But it is a limerick so props :D lol

j bird said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:22 am
this poem is too funny to be taken seriously.

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Haha, this actually made me laugh! xD

Khia_A. said...
Haha I feel sorry for that boy because I know i could not live on just life savers lol

crubs3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Props for writing a real limerick!!! first one on the page!! :) culd u possibly comment and rate my work??? especially to anonymous?? thanx and great job!! dont stop!!

kid.forever said...

hahah this is really cute and funny :)

check out some of my stuff

Lilacs_Smell_Wonnerful This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2010 at 11:03 am

This is a really neat limerick! I hope you keep writing, it was very humerous.

Good Job! :)

-Lilac

ff5fan said...

haha this is cute:))

check out some of my stuff please

Jtaco95 said...
Not very long but it was a good poem, I like how you didn't force rhymes

BMMSKC said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 10:25 am
I WISH I HAD SOME LIFE-SAVERS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 11, 2010 at 9:39 am
Ditto. I love Lifesavers.

The_Number_Five said...
LOL i love this poem so much it is very fun and bouncy. Check out some of my work plz! Thnx!