Winter Morn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

on a lovely winter’s morn

not a leaf or twig or thorn

could poke up past the icy sheet

or through the overlying sleet.

so, comfortably we walk barefoot

on a footprint path inside the wood

we worry not of rocks or stones

for our blanket keeps our heels alone.

in our eyes a glare of light

flies up from the sea of white

and clumps of snow snug in the trees

substitute for fallen leaves.

in the distance breezes start to blow

spinning leaves and swirling snow

we stand steadfast, release all fear

we simply hold the other near.

sharp wind rises all the sudden

and out from us a breath and shudder

though the chill makes our ears feel worse

my hand still warmly rests with yours.

LifeLeaderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 2 at 8:02 pm
Your use of tyle and rythm is perfect! I love the description as well and every part connects perfectly and logically. I love it!

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 27 at 2:33 pm
Oh, wow. I love this poem. You have such a talent and greatness in you; believe that, because you do. You really do. Your poem has so much, emotion and you in it. It's absolutely, wonderful. Thank you so much, for sharing this. Also, congrats on having this published. You deserve it. Thank you again. 

Fred said...
May 2, 2012 at 10:35 am
Good poem I really liked the use of hyperbole.

DoubleD_Money7 said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:48 am
awsome it was delicious

OpulentColorsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 am
I agree. It was very delcious. ^_^ I thought it was beautiful, nice work <3

Tyler P. said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:36 am
sweetnessssss

White_Trash843 said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:37 am
this is really good i liked it it has a good rhythm and i can tell you worked hard on it 5/5 :)

Tremendous said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:35 am
I absolutely enjoyed this! Your description is really good and smooth flowing. Don't get me started on how sweet and seemingly genuine the ending is. AMAZING job keep it up! and please consider checking my work out as well!

EllieHeart said...
Really, really good! Would you mind taking a look at my poem Siren Lies? Thanks!

pupet master said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:21 am

great article... i realy liked it

Wildflower30 said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:56 am
Imagery. I mean, WOW! This is so... enchanting!

spiria said...
Beautiful Imagery. Marvelous Rhymes. Simply Fantastic.

swifthearth said...
marvelous poem. i was most captured by your poetic abilities and rhyme.

greek_wings said...
Marvelous poem! It was very sweet and captured the details perfectly! Excellent work!

TheSweetNerd said...
Awesome! I really love this poem, the rhymes are unforgettable!

ellie315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oooh this is gave me chills! :) the rhyming is awesome and the last line sums it up really nicely and the verses leading up to it really give it a nice strong meaning. :) im not sure why this is posted as a limerick though...limericks have an aabba rhyme pattern, with the bb lines being muche shorter - and its only five lines, which clearly this is not. but its a good freeverse!

WhiteBear said...
this is such a good poem, you are one of the few people who are really good at rhymes. keep it up!! ;)

purplephoenix said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:52 am
This is absolutely fantastic! Beautiful imagery!

akbird said...
beautiful! i'm now tempted to go for a walk. you weave your words so well, it sounds like music!

kimmie93 said...
I love this poem!!! Awesome! =]