Haiku Collection

Lightning

Phantom branches
Sparking grayscale to silhouettes
Erratic circuits
Illuminating grounded brethren

Volcano

Ember streams
Etching crumbling shorelines
Carving riverbanks
With molten destruction

Tornado

Spiral softly
Beautiful liberation
Cleansing fields
With windswept chaos

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:10 am
@StarsetXavier Nice haikus! But I think you need to know that haikus are poems with THREE verses with the syllable rhythm of 5-7-5. Just FYI.

StarsetXavierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:03 pm
Haha yes, I'm quite aware of that. The only reason the title is as it is is because in the class where I was learning to write these, the teacher made it VERY clear that a haiku did not necessarily NEED to be 3 lines with the 5-7-5 structure. I was confused, since my whole life (though it hasn't been that long so far) I've been taught that a haiku is 5-7-5, but she worked very hard to "broaden our minds" and get us out of that habit. Whether it's correct or not, poems like these are what I turne... (more »)