Let’s Get This Straight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You expected me
To hold onto something I’d
Never want to be?

eshaansomanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 15 at 9:20 am
So clever! What inspired you to write this haiku?

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 15 at 9:56 am
@eshaansoman Hello, and thank you so much for the response, it means a lot to me! There was one specific factor that made this haiku just come to me when I had woken up. I just got over a nasty break up, and the person had never accepted who I was. He always tried to change me and make me what he wanted, and that was not going to fly. I refuse to change myself for anyone because I personally believe that if someone doesn't love you for who you are, then it wasn't love at all. But, please, interp... (more »)