Our Sky | Teen Ink

Our Sky

By MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Sunning majesty

grace of glowing moon, two sides

of one, outstretched sky

on Mar. 11 2015 at 8:20 pm
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

I'm very glad you noticed that. I tried to balance the two sides, and according to the comments, it worked!

on Mar. 11 2015 at 8:19 pm
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

That means a lot to a writer, when someone says that a poem doesn't need any more improvement and that it's reached that stage of development. Thank you so much.

on Mar. 11 2015 at 8:18 pm
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

Thank you.

Beila BRONZE said...
on Mar. 11 2015 at 12:30 am
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

I like that the sun has majesty, while the moon has grace. You characterize both individually, and by bringing them together in the last line, you create a beautiful, powerful poem. Well done.

on Mar. 10 2015 at 12:23 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Very well written. I wish I had something to say other than that, but there really is nothing to improve here.

lovingpoems said...
on Mar. 6 2015 at 1:56 pm
Sounds preeettyy