Our Fears Say Much | Teen Ink

Our Fears Say Much

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Would you still love me
If I were a failure and
Had only shattered dreams?

Would you still be proud
When I have no more words to
Write or thoughts to pen?

Would you still be by
My side, when I’ve nothing but
Tears and pain to give?

Would you still be e’er
Trying – searching a way to
make me smile again?

Would you still praise me
When my brown eyes no longer
Sparkled like before?

Would you still be mine
When every single soul from
me had departed?

And would you still love
Me, when I am no longer
Young and beautiful?

Inspired by the soundtrack of "The Great Gatsby" by Lana Del Ray.

on Mar. 11 2014 at 4:02 am

- Maya Angelou

OH Thank you SO much for you kind comment. It just made my day when the day was about to go sad sad :P Thank YOU

Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

This is really good. It's so, so pretty.

on Feb. 8 2014 at 2:53 am

- Maya Angelou

Oh Bess! Thank you so much. Hey, I also love the name Saphira. When I was first deciding on usernames nothing was coming to me. EVERYBODY has such awesome creative names. YOU INCLUDED. Gosh I love yours. But then I just went with My favourite character's name. It kind of stuck. I've grown to love it Much much more. And hey my real name is Dua. It's only fair cause by virtue of TI's emails I know yours :)

on Feb. 7 2014 at 11:09 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

I'm reading the poem again and I still love it! :D It's okay that you haven't been around, I always take really long breaks too. What friend? >:| Just kidding :) Sometimes cheesy things can be turned into new ideas, like I kind of metioned before!  Also, I love the name Saphira, it sounds so mysterious and pretty :) 

on Feb. 7 2014 at 5:18 am

- Maya Angelou

Oh SKY! I am so sorry that I have not been coming here for the past few months because I didn't reply to this superawesome comment and I'm so late with my reply you wouldn't even remember the poem :P But anywayyy THANK YOU. I didn't have that much faith in this one to begin with because a friend told me that it wasn't that good. AND YES YES YES. It is so true. I was ALSO afraid that it was going to be cheesy but anyway I went with it cause it was something my heart had told me to write. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH. XOXOXOXOX :D Love always, Saphira

on Feb. 7 2014 at 5:12 am

- Maya Angelou

Wow. First time ever I've been called to be eloquent. Thank you ever so much for your kind comment. And the way you say "gorgeous poem" makes me wanna come over there and hug you so tight :P ahhaha don't mind me. Anyway Thank YOU!

on Jan. 19 2014 at 10:34 am
LiifeImitatesArt BRONZE, Auburn, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This is such a gorgeous poem. I'm really impressed by how you expressed such a common fear so eloquently. I could feel the emotion behind the words so clearly. 

Amazing! I love the way you used the repetition of "would you still love me" to build up towards the ending. This hits right in the heart of what true love is (no matter how cheesy it sounds), and how it isn't based upon physical appearance. For me, the real sorrow behind this poem isn't really about the fact that the speaker is losing everything, but rather the constant fear that that one person will leave them because of it. Beautiful :)