I Am | Teen Ink

I Am

By Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

I am the oak tree
Dropping leaves and housing birds
Outside your window

The clouds spin and dance
I’m the grey, the white, the black
Rolling overhead

I’m the bobby pin
Securing the loose French braid
Wrapped around your head

Keep the closet shut
Don’t go looking for monsters
I am all you’ll find

I am our secrets
The friendship that has sealed us
The hate that ripped us

Keep our memories
The ones we sculpted of clay
But know I’m the clay

Kris_10 GOLD said...

I went away for most of the summer, but hey! im back now! Thanks(:

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Hey, long time no see. Congrats on the Editors' Choice for this marvelous piece of poetry. Great usage of the haiku. Each stanza with its life-like imagery signifies and represents a feeling everyone, one time or another, has felt. 5/5

bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

"When you're young, you can fly, but we trip on clouds 'cause we get too high" -The Band Perry (Song: Don't Let Me Be Lonely)
"Cause no matter what, you'll never be alone" -Lady Antebellum (Song: Compass)

Beautiful! The figurative language was perfect and shaped the poem as a whole. Congrats on editor's choice! It really deserved it!

Calliashi SILVER, Litchfield Park, Arizona

The man with the key is king and honey, you should see me in a crown. ~James Moriarty

Fantastic use of figurative language! The comparisons made the piece beautiful and made it lovely to read through. No wonder it got editor's choice! Continue writing; your haikus are well crafted :)

Kris_10 GOLD said...

Thanks!     

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wonderfully crafted and emotionally gripping. Great job! And congrats on the Editor's Choice Award!