I Am This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I am the oak tree
Dropping leaves and housing birds
Outside your window

The clouds spin and dance
I’m the grey, the white, the black
Rolling overhead

I’m the bobby pin
Securing the loose French braid
Wrapped around your head

Keep the closet shut
Don’t go looking for monsters
I am all you’ll find

I am our secrets
The friendship that has sealed us
The hate that ripped us

Keep our memories
The ones we sculpted of clay
But know I’m the clay

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23 at 2:34 pm:
Hey, long time no see. Congrats on the Editors' Choice for this marvelous piece of poetry. Great usage of the haiku. Each stanza with its life-like imagery signifies and represents a feeling everyone, one time or another, has felt. 5/5

Kris_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 1:53 pm :
I went away for most of the summer, but hey! im back now! Thanks(:

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 19 at 4:47 pm:
Beautiful! The figurative language was perfect and shaped the poem as a whole. Congrats on editor's choice! It really deserved it!

CalliashiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 18 at 7:33 pm:
Fantastic use of figurative language! The comparisons made the piece beautiful and made it lovely to read through. No wonder it got editor's choice! Continue writing; your haikus are well crafted :)

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 5 at 7:27 pm:
Wonderfully crafted and emotionally gripping. Great job! And congrats on the Editor's Choice Award!

Oct. 18 at 2:51 pm :
Thanks!