Wedding Ring | Teen Ink

Wedding Ring MAG

By acia1129 BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts
acia1129 BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts

To be a force- not forced to be

When wedding bells ring
What will you be thinking? Love,
Your ring leaves red marks.

This piece is about someone who is getting married against their will, but they're not ready to admit it. Marriage is what they're supposed to want, but no matter how hard they try to hide their unwillingness, the ring shows their true discomfort.

PianoKeys97 PLATINUM, Medford, New Jersey

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." -Dita Von Teese

This was something I looked at a while ago and I added it to my favorites. Looking back at it now, I can see why I starred it. This haiku may seem very simple but it is very moving and beautiful. Especially they end, "Love, your ring leaves red marks" was very powerful. What a twist. Keep writing! I think you are a very talented writer.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

No prob. 

acia1129 BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts

To be a force- not forced to be

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me <3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

This is a poem that is full of emotion. Sad and bitter. Somewhat hopeful. Or a want for there to be hope in the midst of unwillingness due to the circumstances. Congrats on the Editors' Choice for this beautiful poem.