escape hatches This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

escape hatches are
everywhere; in stars and eyes
chipped mugs, old friends and late nights

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 5:09 pm:
To me, this poem is talking about how people find some escape from reality in anything they can find. Some in stars or the eyes—perhaps of some unknow stranger? O_O—chipped mugs, as in coffee so they don't sleep, or as some people even drink wine or beer or whatever from mugs; old friends in order to forget the new problems. Or even the old exes, just for the h*ll of it. Or late nights which can be taken any way anyone wants to. I'm puzzled though by the structure of the poem... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 8:47 pm :
It's a haikuuu, I just clicked the wrong button, haha. Dude, you, you always extract the meaning from my poetry so far beyond what I see in it. It's like if I drooled in a petri dish just for the hell of it and you showed up at my doorstep at three am with a sixteen-page report on its chemical content, ahaha. I love you bro xD

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:19 pm :
Facepalm. XD I try to decipher the meaning of most poem. The problems with most poems here is that they have no meaning. Or they're just so bad (forgive me other readers and fellow writers) or not deep enough that I don't really have to try to decipher those poems. Your poems, however, are full of meaning. They're not bland; in the midst in those lyrical and TASTY words (hahaha) there's so much meaning. And as to the last part, I've been known for being exces... (more »)