Punished Nails

Your emerald nails-
Gnawed by your livid teeth-will
Heal, so why can’t you?

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:18 pm:
Wow, I was looking at all the comments and was like everyone's so harsh and critical! (Or maybe that's just me). I, however, did not find anything wrong with this except for the fact that it was too good!! I really think that you do capture so much in seventeen syllables. So 5/5 from me :) I'm off to read your other works now....keep rockin --Liv

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:32 pm :
Thank you! :D The criticism was well deserved, though XD Not my best piece.

SwanSongThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 7:53 pm:
This poem delivers such a strong message for being so short. I don't care for your adjectives as much though. I would suggest using the nail color to symoblize something, maybe "ruby red" for blood, or something along those lines. The word "livid" doesn't really flow, it doesn't really seem like a word to describe teeth either. I can't think of another suggestion for it though. Other than that, I love the impact of the last line. Nice work!

Aug. 6 at 11:24 am :
On "emerald nails," I disagree as symbolism for blood was not truly the point of the haiku, healing was. However, I agree with livid. Thank you! :D

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 2:11 pm:
I agree for haiku there is so little say but it says evrything. This haiku doesn't exactly do that it leaves the reader flat ina way. If nto for you comments on the side about the piece the reader is left with thinking what pain is the speaker reffering to? If it was an extended poem I think you could wonders. Great potential just not the write platform to go off of.

Aug. 5 at 2:29 pm :
Fair enough, thank you :D

poeticlove143This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 2:08 pm:
i think there could be more to it

Aug. 5 at 2:30 pm :
I agree, I just was tired so I turned it from an extended poem to a haiku since there were lines in the extended poem that I didn't quite like. My bad XD Thanks, though.