Prove Your Love | Teen Ink

Prove Your Love

By laceandcoffee PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
laceandcoffee PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

"We make up horrors to help us escape from the real ones."- Stephen King
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry. I want danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."- Aldous Huxley

If love is watching someone
die, do you love
me enough to kill me?

Inspired by the song 'What Sarah Said' by Death Cab for Cutie.

OldYoungOne said...
on Aug. 5 2013 at 9:30 am
Damn... That's all I have to say because I love it that much. it attests to your abilty and I plove your style, truly. (a little violent in some poems but I still love it)

on Aug. 4 2013 at 7:31 pm
kikixkupkake GOLD, San Marcos, California

"The things that walk out when we open our minds." -Dylan McCoy

Sorry that was supposed to be a new comment but I must have hit reply

on Aug. 4 2013 at 7:31 pm

AAAAAAHHH. Why was that so short!? It was like... Do you know how sometimes one question can simply change your whole world? It's like that. You took the words someone said, twisted them around, and sent them back with power. But you ASKED. (Sorry for all capitals, I don't have any italics or anything on my iPad.) Still, you question those twisted words, but not because you were confused or afraid. You asked a question to intimidate the person you were asking. And when you asked, you knocked everyone over in the process. I don't think anyone suspected you were scared. This is beautiful. I hate you because of this. I love you because of this. I don't know what to do with myself because of this. This is fantastic!

Waistband GOLD said...
on Aug. 1 2013 at 2:02 pm
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

This is so short yet so powerful and emotional and heartbreaking that I can't even explain my feelings for it. Great work 

on Jul. 31 2013 at 1:56 am
MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

I enjoy how short and simple this poem is. It gives a lot of thought when I read it. I continue to read over it more then once.  Your word choice is powerful and revoking. The use of the words love, die, and kill, they all work together so nicely in this poem. I like how you repeat love more than once to show the importance of the word in this short poem.