Big Boys Do Cry

Momma always says,
"Big boys don't cry." But I've seen
my Papa cry too.

KarmaBites This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 29 at 2:19 pm:
Mckay, you never cease to amaze me with your writng ability. This poem is brilliant. It deserves to be published! Your ardent fan, Lexy.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4 at 4:41 pm :
Thank you for reading and for being an ardent fan of mine. Love that word, by the way. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
THA HECK, MAN? Seriously, Mckay, we have not talked in forever! Jhjshgfdjghdjgh. I miss my brah! (So, totally off subject, just real quick, I need to get this out, and you're the person who will truly understand.. I LOVE THE GREAT GATSBY. I watched the movie last week and I am completely overwhelemed at what I've seen. It's so perfect. The song, 'Young and Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey sums up the movie so well. But, gah, everything about that movie is so wonderful. If you haven... (more »)

Sept. 10, 2013 at 5:40 pm :
I saw Gatsby this weekend. And of course, I friggin love it. There were some things I didn't like about it: the rap and hip-hop music sometimes seemed out of place, and Carraway's narration wasn't always that strong. But overall, I don't think the movie was as bad as the critics said. I did love Lana and Florence's music. Just perfect for it. The movie was a feast for the eyes, and often for the ears as well.    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ &nbs... (more »)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:53 am:
thanks for this confession; it's shallow how people try to refuse to accept that they are anything other than  brave at all all times; no one can be that way, boys or girls, we're all humans! :) good job.

Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm :
I couldn't agree any more with you. I'm tired of people repressing their emotions and their true selves. By that I'm not saying to be emotional rollercoasters either. That's annoying. But to feel and be human once and a while, without fearing another human being's needless prejudice. Thank you for taking the time to read this and discuss your opinion. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:26 am:
haha, this is cool. i like the comparison between what women tell men they should act like, and how a man actually acts. 5/5 :)

Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:54 pm :
I've never noticed that. How'd I miss that, in my own poem. Thank you for pointing that out. And making me see this in a whole different way. Thanks, Callie.

OldYoungOne said...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:14 am:
I love the message because ti truly strikes to real life. Men today are forced to conform and not be in touch with emotions and this in few words has expressed that. Well done.

Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm :
Hey there; long time no see. Thank you for commenting on this piece. And for your view on men today, which I completely agree with. 

OldYoungOne replied...
Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:40 am :
I ahven't really had much to write down as of that could be a poem. Many thoughts to be said but not yet twisted into a poem I would like to share.

Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:50 pm :
Sorry to hear that. I know what that feels like. It's so fustrating. Hope it ends soon. As long as you write write write write, it will end. Best of Luck.

LiliaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I've read this 10 times at least. This is what I call Tattoo Worthy. congrats on being amazing

Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm :
"Tattoo worthy"? That's new to me. Wow, I'm honored. Thank you, Lilia. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:20 am:
This is awesome!!! I would have given you a red check! I love this truly and i love the message because honestly, its true some guys are just more sentimental and sad and society is the one telling them they can't cry by painting this unrealistic bs picture on how boys have to be macho men or whatev. Overall AWESOME JOBBB i really like this :) great job McKay and keep rockin

Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm :
Liv, thank you so much for the thorough feedback. (My work was missing your constructive feedback; glad to have you back. XD) I was hoping for an Editors' Chioce; but the Editors did not grant me the honor. Oh well. And I agree with you that not all men and guys should store their emotions. I mean, they shouldn't be cry babies, but not masochistic machines that are hurting internally because society criticizes male emotion. Thank you. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:22 pm :
Just wanted to let you know: a) your welcome! And b) your work will have to miss me some more because i am leaving at 5:30 tomorow morning so sorry about that!! Keep a good eye on a teenink for me ok :) im gonna miss you Mckay Keep rockin!

Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:06 pm :
1. Thank you...again. 2. I'll miss you. 3. I'll try. Rock wherever you are and go, Liv. 

Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:26 pm :
1. You don't have to miss me because they have wifi!!! 2. How's it going? 3. I'm always rockin ;)

Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:40 pm :
1. AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! 2. It depends on the day. As for today, I'm well, thank you. 3. Always keep on rockin'! That's good to hear.