Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

MyApocalyptic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I appear to offer my Heathen Opinion on the Most Excellent Haiku :))   Sex is sex. Both society and religious schools of thought attach wayyyy too much meaning to it, creating undesirable extremes: On one plane, sex is glorified, turned into a product to be sold, exploited, rather than a natural part of life on earth. On the other plane, sex is feared, which can lead to both mental and emotional issues that can stem from constantly having to deny one's body a need which can be satis... (more »)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
XD As much as I agree with everyone else, due to my spiritual views and teachings, I couldn't agree with you anymore. Which makes me sounds hypocritical but it's true. I mean, everyone should do what they think. I agree s*x shouldn't be gluttoned; it leads to an addiction (Silver Linings Playbook). But if you fear it also, then it's not healthy. It's normal. People lust and crave and desire. Everything in proportion. As a virgin, which I'm proud but somewhat embarrassed t... (more »)

Midnight5765 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:12 am
It oblivious that society makes intercourse normal too have before marriage. It leads to impurity, single mothers and more chances of spreading sexual diseases. I agree with God always because he alldready told us its a fallen world. Great questions

Thank you, MIdnight, for expressing your views. I appreciate it that you took the time to read this. And then meditate on it. And after, expressing your thoughts. 

Brisa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:50 am
Only a few centuries ago our country's society leaned heavily towards abstinence and strict purity...in the span of two world wars it changed radically. However God has always been pretty adamant in His rules, haha. If consistency is anything to judge by, I'd say God's right :) thanks for the poem and for putting yourself out there.

Thank you for voicing your opinions and your thoughts. I appreciate the thorough feedback.