Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

Positivity_At_Its_Finest This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this. I feel that it's your choice on whether or not you want to have sex. You have to be smart for yourself, if it doesn't feel right don't do it.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
agreed. thanks, positivity! i love your username, btw. ^u^

You can now tag other users by using "@".

suuure ^u^

OwlRose97 said...
Wish more people thought this way. It is a choice you have to make that is between you and God. Love it!

mhm. so true. i appreciate your input. :)

WindRunner said...
I love the reference to the Lord and what He says about purity, showing the relashonship between a broken society and a perfect God.

thank you. to me, adding this perspective was pivotal. glad you liked it.

aoife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:23 am
I think a person's sexual choices, whether they chose to have sex or not, should be 100% personal choices. I don't think society or religion should have any say in what I am comfortable with, or what I do with my own body and/or relationships. Everyone should have the right to information about sex, and the right to make one's own choices about it.

AlliArsevell replied...
I agree with your statement here

in the end, that's what it is. religion and society will give you a biased perspective as to what you should think about this topic. however, you as the vessel of your body are the one that decides your actions. thanks for sharing you two

east_of_ada This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
99.9999999% sure we're meant to have sex. totally. probably. :3 abstain if you'd like, but you'd have to have sex eventually.

exactly!! but again, you do you! thanks, ada, my paramour ^u^

lkk4209 said...
Interesting poem. And I see you have a call for us to share viewpoints! Well, here is what I believe: Soceity and religon both put too much emphasis on sex, but on opposite planes (religion leans towards "against," society leans towards "for'). People should not be mocked or shamed or treated poorly in any way based on their sexual choices, whether it be staying abstinant or having sex with multiple partners. If people are to engage in sex, they should have three things: saf... (more »)

Absolutely. Well said. Thank you for that knowledgeable thought. ^u^

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I personally think that sex is a sacred act, so yeah. I'm old fashioned. Sure, I'm immature, make terrible sex jokes, and of course am an awfully hormonal teenage girl, but in the end I plan to wait till I'm married. I haven't even had my first kiss though, technically, so I suppose I'm in no danger at the moment...

Aren't we all crude and hormonal? XD Thanks for sharing your view on this poem, bridezilla. Always means the world when you comment. 

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
My heart leaps with excitement everytime I see you've made a new post. Thanks for making my life a little bit brighter, bridezilla. ;3

pineappleprincess replied...
i totally agree with you. i think that you should only have sex with someone that you truly know, trust and duh love. thats what sex is its the act of love. ^.^

trust above all. love, yes. but more so trust. thanks for sharing your opinion.