Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

addisonclaireeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2015 at 2:07 am
true love is abstinence, which insures sex isn't all he/she wants.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
that's true, i think, to some degree. i'm not here to say who's right or wrong, because ultimately what works for someone doesn't work for someone else. however, it's great knowing we can all relate to this waging war.

C. said...
Jun. 23, 2015 at 12:59 am
Every sound screams; each has one voice. So I say, thank you -- keep your faith.

thanks!! i will most certainly try as hard as it is ^u^

passion_poet19 said...
i really like this it tell so much with a short amount of words.

that's the infinite power of poetry. glad you enjoyed it.

GG_LeBode This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great way to show the double standard. I love the concept and your elegant word choice. Have you considered writing something similar as a diamond poem?

wow, thank you for your kind words! no, i'm not sure what that is, but i'll look it up. i'm intrigued and always up for a challenge.

Positivity_At_Its_Finest This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this. I feel that it's your choice on whether or not you want to have sex. You have to be smart for yourself, if it doesn't feel right don't do it.

agreed. thanks, positivity! i love your username, btw. ^u^

You can now tag other users by using "@".

suuure ^u^

OwlRose97 said...
Wish more people thought this way. It is a choice you have to make that is between you and God. Love it!

mhm. so true. i appreciate your input. :)

WindRunner said...
I love the reference to the Lord and what He says about purity, showing the relashonship between a broken society and a perfect God.

thank you. to me, adding this perspective was pivotal. glad you liked it.

aoife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:23 am
I think a person's sexual choices, whether they chose to have sex or not, should be 100% personal choices. I don't think society or religion should have any say in what I am comfortable with, or what I do with my own body and/or relationships. Everyone should have the right to information about sex, and the right to make one's own choices about it.

AlliArsevell replied...
I agree with your statement here

in the end, that's what it is. religion and society will give you a biased perspective as to what you should think about this topic. however, you as the vessel of your body are the one that decides your actions. thanks for sharing you two

The_Fanged_Book_Worm replied...
Mar. 27 at 12:24 pm
However bias is not always negative.