Abstinence VS. Sex

Society mocks
abstinence; but God detests
all fornicators.

God gives us sacred
purity; society
offers sex. Who's right?

Poetry101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I know where you are coming from.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i'm glad to know i'm not alone debating this internally. thanks for reading :)

Underwater_patricia said...
Oh that is amazing!

awwwwww!! thanks for the kind words.

BenitoJuarez98 said...
People are but animals; nothing more, nothing less. Excellent haiku(s).

there's truth to every opinion, in one way or another. thanks for sharing your opinion. glad you liked this little rambling.

PragmaticIdealist said...
Well said! I think it would make quite an interesting debate.

it would :) not one that i'm really fond of, but i'm happy it's making people share their opinions and thoughts on this subject. poetry should do this, engage us in important themes.

amiller0110 said...
I think this poem raises a good question. my opinion is everything in moderation. I agree with @Positivity_At_Its_Finest

glad you think so. thanks for sharing your thoughts!

sophieee27This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is something I've been thinking about for so long but struggle to say to express to others. You are immensley talented for portraying this particular issue in such few words. I love it

i appreciate your kind words. i'm happy this resonated with you and made you think about your own feelings concerning this heavy subject ^u^

addisonclaireeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2015 at 2:07 am
true love is abstinence, which insures sex isn't all he/she wants.

that's true, i think, to some degree. i'm not here to say who's right or wrong, because ultimately what works for someone doesn't work for someone else. however, it's great knowing we can all relate to this waging war.

C. said...
Jun. 23, 2015 at 12:59 am
Every sound screams; each has one voice. So I say, thank you -- keep your faith.

thanks!! i will most certainly try as hard as it is ^u^

passion_poet19 said...
i really like this it tell so much with a short amount of words.

that's the infinite power of poetry. glad you enjoyed it.

GG_LeBodeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great way to show the double standard. I love the concept and your elegant word choice. Have you considered writing something similar as a diamond poem?

wow, thank you for your kind words! no, i'm not sure what that is, but i'll look it up. i'm intrigued and always up for a challenge.