My Old Friend

fear is an old friend
that sometimes knows you better
than you know yourself

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:20 am
This is such an awfully interesting notion. It is so true when you think on it, that fear knows you better than you   know yourself, your past, your dreams, your aims, everything, and then presents everything to you in a way  so scary. That is why like Harry, what I fear most is fear itself :D Amazing Haiku Star! It had been long since I read some of yours....How have you been?.. I've been in writer's block for some while and it still hasn't gone away... Ah, the agony. Oh a... (more »)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:49 am
Aw Saphira, you are so sweet. :) And it has been too long since I've read yours as well! Perhaps I will go snoop around a bit. :P  I'm sorry to hear about you writer's block though. :/ I've just come out of a particularly nasty bout of it myself.  Interestingly enough, it was a book of folk stories that did it. They are so like poetry, and it is easy to pool from a wide range of topics. Of course, you must know some cures of your own. Writer's block seems to be... (more »)

Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:51 am
Aw Saphira, you are so sweet. :) And it has been too long since I've read yours as well! Perhaps I will go snoop around a bit. :P  I'm sorry to hear about you writer's block though. :/ I've just come out of a particularly nasty bout of it myself.  Interestingly enough, it was a book of folk stories that did it. They are so like poetry, and it is easy to pool from a wide range of topics. If you want, perhaps you could try oneword . com. Have you heard of it? I'm sorry that I don't have more s... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:42 am
Star! Thank you so much, but I think you are sweeter, for you have made my day sugary. Yeah, well what can we do, and the worst part of it all was that I'd had the most amazing idea for a story (a rather long one, like long enough to make a book if it gets completed) and then came the nasty writer's block. And thank you so much for that I shall definitely check out that website. And don't be sorry, I think this will help a lot. It was amazing to talk to you too :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! This is why I subscribe to your work (: you make even haikus interesting.

Thank you so much! That really means a ton to me. :)