To the Rain | Teen Ink

To the Rain

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Kiss my skin—kiss my
hair—kiss my eyes and my lips
like no one else has.

I love the rain. And its silvery liquid touch, pattering softly on my skin.

on Jan. 16 2014 at 11:34 am
haley101 DIAMOND, Windsor, Connecticut

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

― Mary Oliver

how is it that you write so little,and yet what you have portrayed is so real, and relatable!?

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 31 2013 at 2:22 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. I'm glad you can connect to this poem, although most people would deny ever connecting to such a poem. 

on Jul. 30 2013 at 6:15 pm
ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Okay, I have to reply to this one. I adore the message that you send to us here (like in most of your poetry) and I find it really amusing and can connect to it in so many ways. Great job! Definitely 5/5 stars from me.

on Jun. 14 2013 at 3:24 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Finally ;)

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 13 2013 at 3:32 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

HAHAHAHA. Now, I see it. Maybe I am. 

on Jun. 13 2013 at 2:39 am

- Maya Angelou

I think you are :D And didn't you see what I did there?

on Jun. 4 2013 at 6:29 pm
lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
Yes realllyyyy :D It'd be so awesome! You're welcome

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 4 2013 at 1:26 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I love that film as well. And thanks.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 4 2013 at 1:24 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow. Really? That'd be cool. And I'd love it. Thanks, Wolf.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 4 2013 at 1:23 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. That means a lot. 

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 4 2013 at 1:22 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hahaha. I wish. I don't think so. But thanks. 

on Jun. 3 2013 at 9:20 pm
lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
This is great! I want to like put this on an awesome picture and make a poster out of it. :)

on May. 31 2013 at 9:35 pm
Flowers_Will_Grow SILVER, Annandale, Virginia

"A little fall of rain, can hardly hurt me now."-Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserables
"Rain will make the flowers grow."-Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserables
"We'll carry on"-Welcome to the Black Parade from My Chemical Romance

Thanks xD Les Mis has taken over my life...and you're welcome xD

on May. 30 2013 at 7:09 pm
SincerelyManon GOLD, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Memories are the only things that don't change when everything else does.

Im absolutely in love with this poem... It's just gorgeous.

on May. 29 2013 at 4:57 am

- Maya Angelou

*reincarnated

on May. 29 2013 at 4:57 am

- Maya Angelou

ARE you Basho reincarcerated?? Wow, this Haiku was a delight to read. Truly. It's gone straight to my heart. Love, love, love it .

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 28 2013 at 3:50 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

HAHA. Thanks, Christi. I will say that the comment was a bit more thought out. Thanks. 

on May. 26 2013 at 12:24 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

I like this poem, but your comment elaborating on it is far more beautiful.

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 23 2013 at 2:27 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I get the pun now. Good one. Tooke me a while to get. Thanks. 

on May. 22 2013 at 6:16 pm

I love rain too!  The way it washes away everything away!  Rain makes the flowers grow!   xD