Memo to a Beater

When did I give you
the permission to hit me?
I don’t remember…

OldYoungOne said...
Hmm it similar to mine. The subject I mean. 

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, that's true.Yet yours was better.

OldYoungOne said...
hmm same theme as mine huh? nice

Didn't really think about that till now. Thanks for reminding me. Albeit, I do remeber you getting the Editor's Choice. I didn't. :( Oh well. Thanks anyway. 

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW! Another amazing haiku Mckay! And no, I am not just saying that: I actually love this. I love how it is in question format, it makes the poem feel much more personal, and i think that is why it probably resonates with so many people. Really, the emotion in this piece is tangible and if i weren't in such a happy mood, it would have brought have tears to my eyes. Beautiful job! I mean, I don't know you but I have a lot of respect and admiration for your poetry because it not only tells... (more »)

Thank you so much, Liv. Sorry for taking so long to say this. Been busy busy busy. But I promise never to be busy enough to not thank someone, especially you, for reading and commenting on my work. And yes you can have signed copy of my book; that is, if I ever get published. But you have to do the same for me, when you're published. And yes, my poetry is therapy to me; and I hope it's power and truth to those who read. And that they embrace the message—the good not the bad bittern... (more »)

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Your welcome! Really great work as always. I have two new peices pending, oh and thanks for checking out I'll Show You The Way, and How The World Began, it means a lot when people look at  my work. Brilliant job, as always. Keep rockin and writing Mckay ;)

The feeling's mutual. Can't wait for your new work. Thanks for telling me. I'll be on the look out. 

Krasota This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow...this is just so powerful here.

Wow....Thank you. I didn't think someone would think that this is powerful. Thank you, Krasota.

Krasota This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
No problem :D Definitely marking this amongst my favorites.

Wow, thanks, Krasota. Glad you love it that much. Thanks. 

CandlelightWarrior said...
Very deep and meaningful. I'm much into haiku but this certainly made me think

Couldn't have asked for anything better from anyone. I'm glad this poem had that effect on you. Thank you, CandlelightWarrior. Cool name by the way.