Memo to a Beater

When did I give you
the permission to hit me?
I don’t remember…

OldYoungOne said...
May 10, 2013 at 2:36 pm:
Hmm it similar to mine. The subject I mean. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10, 2013 at 2:49 pm :
Yeah, that's true.Yet yours was better.

OldYoungOne said...
May 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm:
hmm same theme as mine huh? nice

May 10, 2013 at 2:45 pm :
Didn't really think about that till now. Thanks for reminding me. Albeit, I do remeber you getting the Editor's Choice. I didn't. :( Oh well. Thanks anyway. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm:
WOW! Another amazing haiku Mckay! And no, I am not just saying that: I actually love this. I love how it is in question format, it makes the poem feel much more personal, and i think that is why it probably resonates with so many people. Really, the emotion in this piece is tangible and if i weren't in such a happy mood, it would have brought have tears to my eyes. Beautiful job! I mean, I don't know you but I have a lot of respect and admiration for your poetry because it not only tells... (more »)

May 9, 2013 at 1:38 pm :
Thank you so much, Liv. Sorry for taking so long to say this. Been busy busy busy. But I promise never to be busy enough to not thank someone, especially you, for reading and commenting on my work. And yes you can have signed copy of my book; that is, if I ever get published. But you have to do the same for me, when you're published. And yes, my poetry is therapy to me; and I hope it's power and truth to those who read. And that they embrace the message—the good not the bad bittern... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm :
Your welcome! Really great work as always. I have two new peices pending, oh and thanks for checking out I'll Show You The Way, and How The World Began, it means a lot when people look at  my work. Brilliant job, as always. Keep rockin and writing Mckay ;)

May 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm :
The feeling's mutual. Can't wait for your new work. Thanks for telling me. I'll be on the look out. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm:
Wow...this is just so powerful here.

May 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm :
Wow....Thank you. I didn't think someone would think that this is powerful. Thank you, Krasota.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 6, 2013 at 3:11 pm :
No problem :D Definitely marking this amongst my favorites.

May 9, 2013 at 1:38 pm :
Wow, thanks, Krasota. Glad you love it that much. Thanks. 

CandlelightWarrior said...
May 4, 2013 at 1:59 pm:
Very deep and meaningful. I'm much into haiku but this certainly made me think

May 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm :
Couldn't have asked for anything better from anyone. I'm glad this poem had that effect on you. Thank you, CandlelightWarrior. Cool name by the way.