Winter's Song This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

cracked, white lips bending
over cups of dark coffee
all the warmth has left

CynnthiaFeathersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 4 at 1:17 pm
I love the imagery in this poem, It's beautiful.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
HEyyy!!!!!!!! This one! Congratulations :D I do think I commented before and if I didn't say it before (or even if I did I'll say again) : This is one of the best winter poems I've ever read. Make all the faults and flaws of winter seem ever so acceptable and wonderful when held in stark contrast alongside the wonders. P.S. I love the non capitalization. And I AM SO HAPPY LIV. COngatulations again! :D

Plume said...
Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:20 am
i love this haiku !!! they are only a few simple words but they seem like so much more !!! great job :)

chronosun said...
Short but has a lasting effect. Warmth is felt but not soon after is the cold pervading. I like how the warm part of the poem is inside the poem, literally in the middle. Good poem. 

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So simple--it works. Readers can relate to the feeling of being cole D:)

Chichot123 said...
May 21, 2013 at 10:58 am
I agree with all of the other comments. This poem is simply amazing, I love it :D. Write on :) 

becca.37 said...
May 21, 2013 at 5:44 am
Great job! This haiku is wonderful, I like how you made winter seem almost dark. I would suggest maybe next time trying to do a haiku on a bit deeper of a subject, but this one is still very good!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 20, 2013 at 9:19 am
Very nice. It is so hard to write a brilliant peice with so little words, but you did it wonderfully! I could clearly see the imagery and feel winter's sharp bite and the longing for summer! Very nicely done!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this poem because it really brings out so much without saying alot. I love poems like that, and only a few people can really perfect it like u have. What an amazing talent you have- Also, CONGRATS ON THE CHECK MARK! I know its a huuuggee deal and just wanted to let u know tht u deserved it :)

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
i feel the exact same way! and the imagey is just spot on

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mmmm this haiku makes me yearn for a nice hot cup of black coffee right about now. :) Great job!

Sam_Dawn_Richi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great Haiku!

mm-mm.....WOW.... I really do prefer winter but your poem well, the very mention of coffee made me space for a soft spot for summer. This a truly an amazing Haiku.. Well I only just started writing Haiku but this, yours, this is.... I mean truly seems like an expert wrote it. Well, you must be one then.. ... The first line: Great beginning, get's one thinking and the metaphor is pretty tasty, then the second line: well I might've preferred mugs only cause cups gives me a little tea-ish... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Would you look at all those typos? :P LOL

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! No, liv is not my real name, just my teenink name! Love ur stuff too. Haha didn't catch any mistakes! Keep rockin

May 5, 2013 at 11:24 am
Oh you're welcome. I see "Keep rockin" is like your signature... I like it :P Well, seeing as you haven't read much of it yet... I'm overjoyed that you like it already after reading only so little... Love!

Can you believe that these comments are from May!!!!!!!!! :O    Haha and we still keep talkin (and rockin) Stay awesome <33

Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:15 am
Hhahaha yes I CAN :D Well, what can I say, we're just so amazing :P

Chichot123 said...
May 4, 2013 at 4:46 am
Simple but, amazing :) congrats

LexusMarie said...
LIV! CONGRATS AGAIN! YOU GOT THE CHECK MARK THAT YOU DESERVE. Mmm, girl, you are a star! This is great! I love the title, it's so dainty. Haiku's seem soooo simple and then I try and I am like dear God please help me and I obviously am not capable of writing a haiku. But, you are and you are clearly amazing at it. Although I prefer winter, I think(?), you made summer look better. The first line, love. The second line, love. The third line, love. Coffee! O how I love thee. Thou art as tas... (more »)