Alleviation

Felt around the rib cage,
Yes, there it was, the heartbeat;
I heaved a sigh

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I pictured a woman feeling around an unconcious mans chest searching for a heartbeat like one of those awesome tv dramas. Anyway, its good. I love the title and the end just conveys all the relief in the world. Brilliant as always Dua. Love, and keep rockin, Liv <3

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:18 am
That is indeed a heartwarming mind picture. I am ever so glad that you liked it Liv. Thank You so much. Love always.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2013 at 4:41 am
..........................................................

AugustSummerFling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really loved the weariness that this poem creates in the reader. Something like 'ya I know things are not going right but I'm going to try again anyway' and you perfectly conveyed the feel that you have been stepped on so many times, but you dutifully come back rising. The only thing you left to lose was your heartbeat. Simple but deep and haunting. Full of despair.

AugustSummerFling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Lol I got the grammar jumbled in between, but I guess u get the point anyway. Great job on this!

Thanks,,, that's how I wanted it for to be,... plus I worked real hard on thinking of the perfect title.. .. I'm so glad ya liked it :)))

EPluribusUnum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this. It's a short little poem with character. I especially loved the first line, and the tired hope the poem carries with it. It's like the poem itself is exhausted but still standing, it's metaphorical rib cage expanding and contracting in the unending rythem of life. I don't know why I just wrote a metaphore about your poem, but anyways, I really like this poem :)

EPluribusUnum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh, and the title's pretty!

May 2, 2013 at 9:32 am
Well , good thing I didn't put chest instead of rib cage then and Thank You ever so much I'm always glad to see your feedback on my poetry... And the 'really' in bold just made my day and as for the title good thing I changed it at the last minute :DD  I also love the way you interpreted this. :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Relaxing. With a touch of hope at the end, intermingled with some doubt at the beginning. 

May 2, 2013 at 9:29 am
Hahaha Yep! Exactly! :)))))