Fox Trot of a Million Myriads | Teen Ink

Fox Trot of a Million Myriads

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Many million
Myriads multi-colored
Stars foxtrot tonight.

Stars waltz at night.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Haha :) Good to know. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

TOTES. Haha :) Nooo, it was a song straight from the spirit. No words, just a sort of long... keen. I don't know. It was very intensely otherwordly, the whole experience.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

P.S. Don't tell me you sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." You didn't right?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It does sound spiritual. And like fun—except a lot of poeple would think we're crazy or something. But who cares? Right? 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

No, no, man. They totally do. I've written about it! Haha. One night I went out and the stars were SO clear, and there were SO many of them, and they were all harmonizing and whatnot. So I sang with them. Most spiritual moment of my life, tellyawut.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yay, I'm not cray-cray in thinking stars dance at night. Thanks. And yes, haikus are difficult to capture so much in so little. But I guess that's waht makes them so special. Glad you like this one.—And between you and me, the stars so dance and sing; everyone just doesn't see it. It takes an observer of this world to notice such little things. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Oh my god! Someone sees it, too! I love this poem. Haiku is so special. It takes so much...SOMETHING...to fit the Universe into seventeen syllables. You did a wonderful job. The title drew me in, and this wonderful little poem did not disappoint. I swear, though, they do dance. They sing, too.