O Pain This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In the numbness I
blink, touch those tears that outline
the corners; now dry.

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the emotion in this Haiku! U r an amazing writer!!

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem :) I think it's interesting how you use "numbness" as more than a physical feeling, and more as a description of the environment, like "in the forest..." or something...if that makes any sense. As if the numbness is overpowering. This is one of the best haikus I've ever read! Great work!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2013 at 4:02 am
Oh Thanks so much. Your feedback does mean a LOT! :) And well, that was the idea, to bring it beyond that but still encompass both, you know what I mean? Wow Thank You!

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6, 2013 at 12:11 am
The thing about your poems is that they are very relatable and you feel like quoting them sometimes in a similar situation. Just like this poem. I'm sure every one of us must have felt like this at one point in life. Great that you captured that emotion n put it down in words. Simply amazing.

It was quite a random thing you know.. I felt real bad once and I wrote this after that bad feeling went away and all I was left with was numbness and dry tears streaking my face, and a red nose lol... But I had no idea people would relate that much... Thanks... I appreciate the feedback ever so much!

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:36 am
Wow! Great imagery :)

Oh Thank You Ever so much. I'm super happy that you like it :)))

rose.baker said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:27 am
I love this. Perfectly captures emotion.

Oh Thank you ever so much for reading and adorning my article with your valuable feedback! :)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So Interesting! Definitely deserved Editors' Choice. I haven't seen a haiku on TeenInk that has been this clearly exhibited and focused on a tender topic in a VERY long time. Congrats! (: You're a good writer!

Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:40 am
AWW :)) Thank YOU Jetta! I'm overjoyed! Your feedback made my day!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Firstly, congrats on the editor's choice! How exciting :) I love this poem. It's beautiful, and it artfully captures a moment where one find's themself sitting in the pain at the end of a cry.

Exactly! WOW, you interpreted it in the exact way that I had meant for it to be. Thank YOU for reading and I'm so so glad you liked it, what do I call you by the way, your username is quite baffling,,, Though of got it's own mystique..:P

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:44 am
My username is latin and holds a lot of personal meaning, but you can call me Em :)

Okay Boss! Latin! That's nice... DO you ALL of Latin???

I was terrible at Latin, I just love what I remember :)

And I love the tiny part that I just learned :D

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:51 am
you sure know to pull off haikus, something I have yet to learn! Congo on the editor's choice! :)

Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:01 am
Ohhh,, Thank You ever so much! I really have a lot to learn too...  Thank You for reading! :PP And double thanks for your feedback. I wrote another Haiku titled "An Invaluable Gift" ....Wanna read??  :P

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:43 am
This is GOOD! And I envy you...! I SOOOO wanna see the red and white check by the name. But, not happening. Great work, congrats ;)