Ignite me

You're my gasoline
Assuring me there's a spark
Hidden in my soul

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
  "You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July 'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
As you shoot across the sky Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh" That's what this poem reminded me of: "Firework" Katy Perry. I love the image you picture in this poem. Poignant!

Kris_10 replied...
That's actually the song that inspired me to write this! omg, that's so funny! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I knew it! I am psycic! Iol I found this poem to be parallel to Perry's song. And it's a good song to inspired by: it's empowering. I love both her song and your poem. 

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:10 am
It was actually inspierd by two songs. one being that song and the other one is I'll be the Light by Colton Dixon. All his music is very inspiring. You should check it out. 

will do. 

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:17 am
This is really cool, I like it :)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
People are entitled to their opinions, but I absolutely loved this poem! Although it's a short and simple haiku, you managed to capture endless quantities of emotion and feeling... Great!! (: The first metaphor is great, and I LOVE your "About Kris_10" section on your profile. Very clever. (:

Kris_10 replied...
Thank you! (:

AL3XP said...
i dont like it

Al3x10 replied...
i agree with you

Kris_10 replied...
 *don't <3