Our Hearth (What a Sensation!) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your warm carapace
compressed like lost lust found, a
hearth catching first flame.

Gripping mood, like the
chimney never lit, burns my
senses to black ash.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30 at 3:35 pm:
Great imagery and alliteration here and there. The word "carapace" is one that I must use from now on. I especially love that last line. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 31 at 2:17 pm :
Wow, and I thought that nobody would like this haiku. I am so happy that someone appreciates my work! Thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1 at 5:53 pm :
Someone will always appreciate your work. That problem is finding that person. But no fear, I'm here. (Sorry that was just cheesy.) I do love this haiku. By the way, the word carapace did inspire me to write a poem recently. 

today at 1:50 pm :
I can't believe that I actually inspired someone.......thanks Mckay, I'll use this as motivation. And it's okay, your cheesiness (if that's a word) made me laugh for a few minutes :)

Hope.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 14 at 11:32 pm:
Wow, this is truly beautiful. I love it

Mar. 15 at 6:49 pm :
Thank you so much, it means alot to me!