Our Hearth (What a Sensation!) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your warm carapace
compressed like lost lust found, a
hearth catching first flame.

Gripping mood, like the
chimney never lit, burns my
senses to black ash.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great imagery and alliteration here and there. The word "carapace" is one that I must use from now on. I especially love that last line. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow, and I thought that nobody would like this haiku. I am so happy that someone appreciates my work! Thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Someone will always appreciate your work. That problem is finding that person. But no fear, I'm here. (Sorry that was just cheesy.) I do love this haiku. By the way, the word carapace did inspire me to write a poem recently. 

I can't believe that I actually inspired someone.......thanks Mckay, I'll use this as motivation. And it's okay, your cheesiness (if that's a word) made me laugh for a few minutes :)

Hope.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, this is truly beautiful. I love it

Thank you so much, it means alot to me!