Like Fish | Teen Ink

Like Fish

By asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

The fish are mere words
I, the fishermen, hold the net,
poetry, and cast.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Defitnitely on my list of best haikus on TeenInk. There aren't that many on that list. But this took one read to make it one there. I adore it 1000000000000000000000000000000000000%. You've got a knack, nope; talent for haikus; don't stop. You're too fabulous of a writer. 

ramfthomas4 PLATINUM, South Bend, Indiana

“If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.”
― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

exactly what i feel like when i write!  thanks for sharing that with us.

KylieK GOLD said...
KylieK GOLD, Mt. Washington, Kentucky

"To love is to surpass one's self."

Brilliant job!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

WOw! Just wow. That is so simply stunning! Awesome metaphors. New and unheard-of!

on Mar. 5 2013 at 12:52 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Great job! I never would have thought of this! 

Swimmer1212 said...
I like your word choice. However, I think there might be eight syllables insted of seven in line two. I like the topic though.