Bullets

They pierce through skin, old
And wrinkled or infantile—
Everyone’s fair game.

II.
They pierce through skin, black,
Red, yellow, brown, white also—
Everyone’s fair game.

III.
They pierce through skin, man’s
Or woman’s—boy’s or girl’s too—
Everyone’s fair game.

IV.
They pierce through skin, Jew-
Ish, Islamic, and Christian—
Everyone’s fair game.

V.
They pierce through skin, straight
Or homosexual—yes,
Everyone’s fair game

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 28 at 11:29 am
your thoughts in your poems are so awesome. you write about things that not many people have the courage to write about. equality, and the fact that everyone is subject to prejudice. 

Chichot123 said...
May 4, 2013 at 4:17 am
This is a great and trully moving poem. Write on!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, Chichot123. That's very moving for you to say that this poem is moveing to you. Write on as well! Always, always, always.

Kris_10 said...
I can't stop reading your poems. They're so natural and meaningful. Never stop writing!!

You just keep on making my day. Thank you. I'll try never to stop; it won't be easy, but I think the world just might hold a place for me in writing just like it does for you.

Kris_10 replied...
I might not know much, but I do know you have true talent!

You just made my day today. You're so nice. And just as talented. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The more work of yours that I read, the more pleased with your writing and skills I am! This is soooo great! I wish that more people would see this. It really made me think, and I hope it does/did the same for other people. Once again, great job! You're great! Xx!

You are one of the kindest people to ever rate and comment on my work. Thank you. Thank you is too little to even describe what I fell and want to tell you. I'm so grateful that there are people who truly find my work worth reading let alone saying that it's good or expectional. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

SecretFlame said...
This was a very thought provoking piece. I think it's very true and the repetiton you used was very skillful.

Wow, thank you! :)

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a truely thought provoking poem about an issue people never really want to adress in detail. I like how you listed skin colors as more than just black and white. You really captured the diversity of those effected by gun tradgedies. This is a beautiful poem.

Thank you for thinkng so.

QShruti said...
Nicee work.. i like u think in that way. 

Aww, thank you. Glad you liked it.

Soccer23 said...
Very well written. 5 stars

Thank you.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very interesting perspective, I liked this a lot!!! :)

Thank you so much. Glad you love it.

Diana101 said...
This was very well written ! I liked it :)