Light Bulb

Silver Filament
Flickering like candlelight
Concealed moments

Caught in the flashes
The swirls like an ice cream cone
Soft-served with sprinkles

A bright golden glare
With several twists of my hand
I am blind again

Such is the magic
The sheer simple beauty of
A common light bulb

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm:
I liked it, anything but dry. I love how you took something everyone takes for granted and made into something much more, artwork, magic. Good job, and great imagry. 

mystyksuniverseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love how you use imagery and detail in such a way that it makes the reader think. If the title were different, the subject would be unknown until the end, and I like that. It makes me read the whole poem, not just the beginning. Keep it up.

Gecko said...
fantastic! i like how you took something simple and spread it out into multiple haikus that make the reader rethink their everyday lives

IssaK said...
This poem only has a few short lines. But all the images you put into them has much more meaning behind them compared to a poem that is three pages long! Amazing work!

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love how you make something so common and used daily that we take for granted look so special and mystifying. :) Great job!!

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 28, 2012 at 6:18 pm :
Thanks! Do you have any articles you want feedback on?