Your Eyes

Like glass in the sea
Tarns in early morning hours
When dawn mist rises

Wisps of smokey gray
Ashes of a thousand years
So it seems to me

Worn and wise and well
Words written across your face
Expressive yet closed

Hidden to others
I decipher your labyrinth
I read your lyrics

You say so little
Yet you are so clear to me
Simply through your eyes

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:28 pm:
I like this. It shows how she - or he - loves the other with the deepest part of their heart. Great describtion of the other person. Great job!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:00 am:
Beautiful is a good word to describe this I think :)

taylorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Brilliant. This is really good. I loved the metaphors you used in this piece. If you want to put a twist on your writing, I think that adding a rhyme scheme (not a children's poem) to it would make it creepier. When I think of rhyme schemes, I think of a witch casting a spell. (: This is really fantastic, though. GReat job.

live4words said...
I really like this! Your descriptions are beautiful, and yet they still leave room for the imagination (which is a good thing!) Its very, very poetic and... dark? No, that really isn't the right word. More like deep. It's poetic and deep and I really like it! You are talented! Keep up the good work! :)

BlindedTears said...
soooo goood!!!

The_Quiet_Girl said...
Love this <3333

alwayssunshine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Words written across your face..." Lovely!

Cat-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This has great comparison and metaphor, plus a hidden story behind it. Also, awesome description! I love your work :)

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:35 pm :
Thanks! I write too much... :)

anonymous replied...
Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm :
Yes you do AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFate.  Ha.  I searched you and found you.  Funny that Athena should write poems about Athena.