The Beach

The quick waves crash by
The bright moon glows in the dark
Sand crawls beneath me

torilutz8 said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:52 am
I really like this one. The ocean's my haven, and this is a perfect description! :)

CountryPopGirl said...
When I read this, I get a clear image in my mind and I feel like I am actually at the beach

AgentOrange789 said...
The imagery here is fantastic...I even feel the "beachy" climate. Well done.

snowleopard100 said...
Nice imagery here in such a short piece of writing; I also really like how it can be interpreted mayn different ways and doesn't have a set meaning

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:44 am
You've really set the scene in this haiku. I particularly liked the last line: "Sand crawls beneath me."

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a really great haiku! I second everything that the others are saying. Great descriptive words! I hope you put some more work on here so we can read it! :)

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
this was really good i loved it 

BrownBread This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:08 am
I can only repeat what others say. It's amazing how such a simplistic poem can convey so much. Well done!

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 22, 2012 at 4:40 am
very good imagery in three lines. :)  great work and keep writing XD !!

CarrieAnn13 said...
Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:21 am
I love the vivid imagery you use in this haiku!  Your way of describing the scene, "quick waves", "bright moon", really brings the scene to life.  Keep up the great work!  I have no criticisms.

girly21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:30 am
Thank you very much :)

girly21 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hope you guys like it!