News Story

Today I found out
that you existed, I cried
because now you’re gone

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 12:30 pm:
HAHHA! That was brilliant poetry. Made me think of an amazing friend I'd made when I was just about to leave this town and to think we'd both lived there ALL THAT time and never met. I hated it. I'm pretty sure you meant it to be something else entirely but I suppose thats the thing about poetry eh? :P I love this by the way!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 30 at 9:58 pm :
Thank you so much.  It's kinda crazy how when you meet someone important and you think:  How did I go so long without them...?  I'm sorry for your move...I realize it can be tough.  Heck I've moved around the world 7 times. Good luck. xD

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 31 at 11:40 am :
You are much welcome Jo! IT IS SO CRAZY TRULY.And well, it has happened to me with many people :D I hope that the next place I go to. I find the BEST person on the first day :D *fingers crossed* and yes it was HARD but we have to move every two years. My daddy's in the army, still I can never say I get used to it. Cause truly I don't. Ever. Nor do I think I will. Anyway so I guess I've only moved around the country but yea I've moved around seven to eight times myself (approximat... (more »)

Feb. 1 at 11:24 pm :
Haha I'm a Military Brat too...isn't it great when they ask "Where are you from?" xD

Feb. 2 at 9:40 pm :
YES YES YES. Ahahha I suppose I just tell them just with that EXACT bit of irony the name of my hometown "Karachi" and then the number of days I've actually been there :P

Feb. 4 at 8:16 pm :
Explain please? xD

Feb. 5 at 10:05 am :
It only means that everybody has a hometown right, you know where all their relatives live, where they were born and stuff. So the irony is that I've basically lived in my hometown VERY little as in two or three years max. So yes, the hometown doesn't REALLY give one a hometown feeling. 

Feb. 5 at 10:24 pm :
I've felt that "homely" warmth...I concentrate more on the people, though there's been two places I remember fondly.  I think of the world as my home...if that makes sense.  Most of my family is in Colorado which is always one place I've REALLY enjoyed though I've never lived there xD

Feb. 6 at 10:17 am :
Well, I didn't mean I have never felt homely anywhere in fact I consider myself extremely lucky when it comes to that knowing I have so many places and so many homes and well I TRULY believe that home is where the heart is. Ah, but what to do when the heart is in a lot of places :P HEY I just got an idea for a poem ;)

Feb. 6 at 10:18 pm :
Haha I meant that *I've never felt that homely ...etc*  But awesome you should go through with it! xD

Feb. 7 at 11:44 am :
HEY I WROTE IT. I titled it "Composing My Heart" as well as two other Haiku. Love always, Saphira. XOXOXOX

Feb. 8 at 5:02 pm :
Is it up yet?

Feb. 9 at 9:26 pm :
Yes! ^_^                  

yesterday at 7:06 pm :
Awww I liked that xD

bigblue said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:58 pm:
I love this. Its simple, yet elegant. Great haiku :)

Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm :
Thanks is there anything of yours you'd like me to read?

bigblue replied...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm :
You're welcome. I would appreciate any and all feedback on any of my works, it doesn't matter which ones

Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:45 am :
Alrighty! :)

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm:
Absolutely wonderful. Extremely relatable, and powerful word choice.

Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:10 pm :
Thanks, is there anything of yours you'd like me to read/rate/comment?