The Gray Havens | Teen Ink

The Gray Havens

By AgentOrange789 GOLD, Friendswood, Texas
AgentOrange789 GOLD, Friendswood, Texas

"It's a saying they have, that a man has a false heart in his mouth for the world to see, another in his breast to show to his special friends and his family, and the real one, the true one, the secret one, which is never known to anyone except to himself alone, hidden only God knows where."
-James Clavell, "Shogun"

The world loomed above
I climbed to the highest point
And saw distant shores.

This is a tribute to J.R.R. Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings.

on Jun. 12 2012 at 9:44 am
DarkAngelNyx GOLD, Napoleon, Michigan

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." -H. P. Lovecraft

I think I may be the only person that this didn't stump... I liked.

on Apr. 19 2012 at 9:44 pm
AgentOrange789 GOLD, Friendswood, Texas

-James Clavell, "Shogun"

This was a tribute to Lord of the Rings...I was sort of trying to convey how the character is faced with a task of essentially rising over a world that daunts him (being a hobbit). Once he gets there, he can never go back, and can only look onward towards the "distant shores" (the gray havens). 

Thank you for your feedback, though. I appreciate it, and it gave me a lot to think about. 

on Apr. 19 2012 at 7:16 am
loveissmiles GOLD, Lynn, Indiana

"I live for the nights I can't remember with the people I will never forget." -Carassisa M-<3

"What the mind can perceive, the body can achieve." -Softball Coach Steve B-

Okay, this is different. It's not bad for it being the first attempt. The only thing i can't figure out is what was the image you wanted people to get from this, because it was really vague to me. Good job for the first try tho.

on Apr. 15 2012 at 4:45 pm
rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

dont let people drive u crazy if you know its in walking distance

ehhhh.............

on Apr. 15 2012 at 4:45 pm

ehhhh.............