La Primavera

The frost has left and
a fresh feel of warmth remains--
the world is reborn.

I lay in the grass,
woken by a golden sun
seeing Her at work.

Trees bear new blossoms,
animals shyly come out--
again She has come.

Birds hit their high notes,
a breeze tousles my loose hair--
the sky a bright blue.

Spring exhales deeply--
a flowery scent surrounds,
putting me at ease.

dinks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The title intrested me, and overall the poem was great! I like the collection of Haikus to create a larger picture, check outmy work if you have the chance!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the imagery—the sight, the sound, I can see and hear it all. I love the title too. It's not a boring title like "The Spring".

so_joy said...
Wow! This is really nice! I liked it very much. It made me smile. Spring cannot come soon enough! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.  

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:50 am
Really nice... I especially love the Spanish title!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:22 am
Thanks for commenting~

poet100 said...
Beautiful personification. There are so many cliche'd nature poems out there, and you have done an exquisite job of keeping yours fresh and original.

Thanks! I was thinking that others would get tired of my nature poems. By the way, I was looking for your work, but has it been approved yet?

poet100 replied...
No, I forgot! I just joined so I had just submitted some work.

Kiyoko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:21 am
I like the idea of spring exhaling - i think that's a great use of words! Very strong ending to a good poem!

Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:18 am
Thanks! I just love springtime~

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
this is really beautiful. i love your presonification and way with words. the imagery that comes with is lovely.

Thanks for commenting~ That was fast!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Ya the no prob. I have a question though: why did you title it in Spanish instead of just calling it Spring?

I don't know. I've always liked other languages---you'll notice that my "Hanakotoba" and "Hitomebore" are Japanese words. Anyways, I looked on the site and there were a lot of poems called "Spring." I just wanted to be different.

KateLA said...
This is really good, it puts you right in the moments it's capturing, I love it!

Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:58 am
Thanks~ You're the first to comment!

eternal_sunshine replied...

I love this vivid, yet simple description. It really made me want spring. I liked how the whole poem seemed to be building towards the end, "putting me at ease."

Nice job :)

Thank you for your comment~