La Primavera

The frost has left and
a fresh feel of warmth remains--
the world is reborn.

I lay in the grass,
woken by a golden sun
seeing Her at work.

Trees bear new blossoms,
animals shyly come out--
again She has come.

Birds hit their high notes,
a breeze tousles my loose hair--
the sky a bright blue.

Spring exhales deeply--
a flowery scent surrounds,
putting me at ease.

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The title intrested me, and overall the poem was great! I like the collection of Haikus to create a larger picture, check outmy work if you have the chance!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:47 pm:
I love the imagery—the sight, the sound, I can see and hear it all. I love the title too. It's not a boring title like "The Spring".

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This is really nice! I liked it very much. It made me smile. Spring cannot come soon enough! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.  

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:50 am:
Really nice... I especially love the Spanish title!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:22 am :
Thanks for commenting~

poet100 said...
Beautiful personification. There are so many cliche'd nature poems out there, and you have done an exquisite job of keeping yours fresh and original.

Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:19 pm :
Thanks! I was thinking that others would get tired of my nature poems. By the way, I was looking for your work, but has it been approved yet?

poet100 replied...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm :
No, I forgot! I just joined so I had just submitted some work.

Kiyoko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:21 am:
I like the idea of spring exhaling - i think that's a great use of words! Very strong ending to a good poem!

Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:18 am :
Thanks! I just love springtime~

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
this is really beautiful. i love your presonification and way with words. the imagery that comes with is lovely.

Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:15 pm :
Thanks for commenting~ That was fast!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:33 pm :
Ya the no prob. I have a question though: why did you title it in Spanish instead of just calling it Spring?

Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:37 pm :
I don't know. I've always liked other languages---you'll notice that my "Hanakotoba" and "Hitomebore" are Japanese words. Anyways, I looked on the site and there were a lot of poems called "Spring." I just wanted to be different.

KateLA said...
Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:32 pm:
This is really good, it puts you right in the moments it's capturing, I love it!

Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:58 am :
Thanks~ You're the first to comment!

eternal_sunshine replied...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:56 pm :

I love this vivid, yet simple description. It really made me want spring. I liked how the whole poem seemed to be building towards the end, "putting me at ease."

Nice job :)

Apr. 1, 2012 at 5:01 pm :
Thank you for your comment~